Need More Proof Coaching Is The Key? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Need More Proof Coaching Is The Key?

Reaction Score
wagner has a high school level offense. thats why they lost to a d-II and scored 3 against stony brook since leaving the rent. you could see on the first drive they have no business scheduling FBS programs. unless there is a nec dreg worse they are going o-fer.

illinois might lose their last 9 by double digits. they certainly arent going to be favored in any of them.

they did some good stuff but against teams headed for maybe 2-20 against everyone else they play.

Not true. Neither are nearly that low. Over the course of a season, things change ... testing depth & Development.

The NEC is pretty basic with no star programs. Illinois is a mediocre B1G with some P5 linemen - though like Rutgers & Indiana.

What UCONN was last Saturday isn’t what they will be 5 or 6 games in. We have reason to hope ... I’m not saying we couldn’t be toilet ready either.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not true. Neither are nearly that low. Over the course of a season, things change ... testing depth & Development.

The NEC is pretty basic with no star programs. Illinois is a mediocre B1G with some P5 linemen - though like Rutgers & Indiana.

What UCONN was last Saturday isn’t what they will be 5 or 6 games in. We have reason to hope ... I’m not saying we couldn’t be toilet ready either.

lol yeah they are.

you guys did this same stuff ignoring how bad south florida is and they havent beat anyone since either.

illinois didnt lose at home to eastern michigan by accident. they blow. edit: they do get rutgers so an fbs win is possible for them.

uconn’s gift this year is that umass is the worst college football team ive ever seen and ive watched this one for the last decade. ecu continues to be a disgrace and usf should fire everyone now.

let me who else illinois is going to beat when you get a chance. or wagner for that matter (turns out. wagner has Post - they might get a win too!)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don’t think you learn much from the first game of the year. Maybe if Beaudry doesn’t float a really dumb pass in the flat ... there’s a bigger satisfying UConn final score.

In a UConn- centric world ... we are far better than 2018. That’s Development & growth of a bunch of defensive players. And surprising talent at WR. I have no opinion on Eastern Michigan - there have been really bad teams from that program for 20 years.

Tackling on defense; Zergiotis infused better passing game. That’s a 3 game swing. One poses a 3 win season to 5 win.

The AAC? Far better conference than 2014. USF & Houston are questionable; Tulane & SMU arrow up; I think Temple is beatable; Navy is better ... and they scare me; ECU flaky; UCF + Memphis still riding high. Cincinnati came off OSU with a energetic neighborhood beat down.

I don’t know what to think about UCF stomping Stanford. I’ve actually been to Stanford Stadium a lot; I’ve seen them suck often.

Reaction Score
Illinois is terrible but I'll never understand anyone thinking Les Miles wasn't a great hire for Kansas. It's Kansas football and they were able to get a great coach and great recruiter. It's the type of move we should have made somewhere along this journey of suck.

"Go big or go home" is what Benedict should have been thinking when replacing Diaco. With Miles' track record most thought he'd be a great hire wherever he went and if Kansas wins a few games and attendance rises in a major way, whatever they're paying him will be a bargain.

Of course, if UConn's attendance (not sure if we'll ever know what's paid and what's just announced) goes up with a few wins and there's excitement at games again maybe Edsall will also be a winner of a hire.Head bang

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
"Go big or go home" is what Benedict should have been thinking when replacing Diaco. With Miles' track record most thought he'd be a great hire wherever he went and if Kansas wins a few games and attendance rises in a major way, whatever they're paying him will be a bargain.

Of course, if UConn's attendance (not sure if we'll ever know what's paid and what's just announced) goes up with a few wins and there's excitement at games again maybe Edsall will also be a winner of a hire.Head bang

Where are we getting money to “go big or go home” Kansas has basketball boosters who wouldn’t mind being football boosters.

pj

Reaction Score
And to think back on the day that Diaco was fired and the threads on who maybe our next coach, people suggested Les Miles, and there were a lot of people that said it would be a terrible hire.

Not my memory. I remember a lot of people loving the idea of hiring Les Miles, but a lot of people saying there was no way we would be able to afford him -- and indeed, at Kansas he makes almost triple what Randy Edsall makes.

I also remember a lot of people saying we should hire Steve Addazio. I thought at the time, why? He hadn't proven anything. I like Edsall as coach better than Addazio. Diaco was the worst coach I've ever seen, anywhere. Pasqualoni was a one-time good coach who didn't seem like he was trying at UConn. We wasted a lot of years there.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don’t think you learn much from the first game of the year. Maybe if Beaudry doesn’t float a really dumb pass in the flat ... there’s a bigger satisfying UConn final score.

In a UConn- centric world ... we are far better than 2018. That’s Development & growth of a bunch of defensive players. And surprising talent at WR. I have no opinion on Eastern Michigan - there have been really bad teams from that program for 20 years.

Tackling on defense; Zergiotis infused better passing game. That’s a 3 game swing. One poses a 3 win season to 5 win.

The AAC? Far better conference than 2014. USF & Houston are questionable; Tulane & SMU arrow up; I think Temple is beatable; Navy is better ... and they scare me; ECU flaky; UCF + Memphis still riding high. Cincinnati came off OSU with a energetic neighborhood beat down.

I don’t know what to think about UCF stomping Stanford. I’ve actually been to Stanford Stadium a lot; I’ve seen them suck often.

yeah the aac sucks out loud this year. its ucf then memphis and then straight trash.

tulane is half decent and smu is better than people thought. the east is a joke.

again. who are wagner and illinois beating other than CW Post and SUNJ?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
yeah the aac sucks out loud this year. its ucf then memphis and then straight trash.

tulane is half decent and smu is better than people thought. the east is a joke.

again. who are wagner and illinois beating other than CW Post and SUNJ?
I didn't see any of temple/Maryland....was it a fluke or is temple decent? I was very impressed with Maryland going into that game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I didn't see any of temple/Maryland....was it a fluke or is temple decent? I was very impressed with Maryland going into that game.

So we watched that on the BY Slack.

Their defense is decent but the Maryland QB is as bad as you can comprehend. If he could do anything they win easy.

Temple is essentially a proxy for a decent late 00 Edsall team. They let someone like Maryland choke the game away.

Reaction Score
Don’t forget all the negative blowback from the Boneyard’s resident crew of coach evaluators when Az St hired Herm Edwards. How’s he looking now?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Don’t forget all the negative blowback from the Boneyard’s resident crew of coach evaluators when Az St hired Herm Edwards. How’s he looking now?

i was waiting for this. michigan state gifted him one and he took it. thats for sure. hes still a complete clown, he is lucky to be in a league that should be disbanded its so bad.

doesnt hurt when the refs only call it one way either.

credit to you for lacking self awareness to the point where youd criticize the predictions others make. that’s pretty bold cotton.

Reaction Score
So we watched that on the BY Slack.

Their defense is decent but the Maryland QB is as bad as you can comprehend. If he could do anything they win easy.

Temple is essentially a proxy for a decent late 00 Edsall team. They let someone like Maryland choke the game away.

You can’t go Ruhle to Collins to Carey and be anything. (Leaving out Golden & Addazio) They choose well.

The Temple program learned how to recruit. South Jersey & Greater Philadelphia. Opportunistic elsewhere. Smattering of JuCo & transfers; FLORIDA. They kicked the one guy who connected to those key local relationships & alumni stakeholders to the curb (Ed Foley) ... and got the one AC back from Baylor who was a tied in N.J. guy.

Talent remains. In a Locksley v Carey - I think you saw the tighter coaching discipline win; & the QB Anthony Russo at Temple is better than most. I don’t think you’ll see Temple rise to top of AAC with this type of turnover near term. But this is a good proving ground for Carey.

You have to wonder about Syracuse.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom