Need help with Hartford Courant football videos | The Boneyard

Need help with Hartford Courant football videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I can not open or play some of the football videos that Dez has up on his blog. there is a message across the grey rectangle that says video or MIME is not supported. I have tried 2 computers with no success. not sure what I'm missing. any help would be appreciated.

Reaction Score
I can not open or play some of the football videos that Dez has up on his blog. there is a message across the grey rectangle that says video or MIME is not supported. I have tried 2 computers with no success. not sure what I'm missing. any help would be appreciated.

Only work on mobile devices - ?Vine/Tout?

Reaction Score
Only work on mobile devices - ?Vine/Tout?
I had that feeling, but since I just inherited my wife's flip phone it is tough luck for me. I was thinking that considering the season start is 2 plus weeks away and things appeared to be too quiet in the Courant's on line version. Thank God for the Boneyard. If everything on the Paper's web site is geared to the latest technology they have a problem with us non advanced boomers.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
I have a Windows 7 laptop and Windows Media Player and was able to get the video to work by doing the following. Right click on the window containing the error message that says "the MIME video format is not supported". Then save the file to your hard drive. Mine gave me the option of saving it as a QuickTime .mov file, which I did. You can then go to the downloaded file, double click on it, and hopefully it should start playing through whatever media player you have on your computer. Hope this helps.

Reaction Score
I have a Windows 7 laptop and Windows Media Player and was able to get the video to work by doing the following. Right click on the window containing the error message that says "the MIME video format is not supported". Then save the file to your hard drive. Mine gave me the option of saving it as a QuickTime .mov file, which I did. You can then go to the downloaded file, double click on it, and hopefully it should start playing through whatever media player you have on your computer. Hope this helps.
Yes you can teach an old dog new tricks. Your instructions worked perfectly. It just seems like a hassle to download and save to your hard drive. The download time is 2 to 3 times as long as the video. I tried it on my desktop and it would not work. I will work on that issue. Thanks. Still Dez Connor/Courant is missing something by not using something that is easier to view. Now I understand why my brother the High school teacher wants to ban smart phones from his classroom. He has enough of a problem keeping the kids focused on the lessons of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom