Need guide to observing practice games | The Boneyard

Need guide to observing practice games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone have some tips regarding pickup games - best times/days, parking, etc. Are they in Gampel usually? Can you bring a camera?

Thanks

Reaction Score
From what I remember, the pre-season captain's practices and pickups are usually in Gampel. I remember the place being open. Try weekends, since no one would have class, but I think they're random. I wouldn't bring a camera, or at least anything more than like a cell phone camera to take still shots. If you start recording video, they're probably going to jump down your throat. Get in before October (15?) because once Calhoun is running the practices, the doors are locked.

Reaction Score
I used to go every afternoon on weekdays on my way back from class, and they were playing most days. There are no guarantees, but try sometime between 3-5. Worst case you will see a few guys doing individual drills, best case they will be running full court.

Now is the best time to go, because once the official practices start they really don't want anyone in there (there were several times where I was asked to leave) which is understandable.

Reaction Score
I used to go every afternoon on weekdays on my way back from class, and they were playing most days. There are no guarantees, but try sometime between 3-5. Worst case you will see a few guys doing individual drills, best case they will be running full court.

Now is the best time to go, because once the official practices start they really don't want anyone in there (there were several times where I was asked to leave) which is understandable.
+1
I'd say around 3 as well, maybe a bit later depending.

Reaction Score
I remember a friend and I walked in Gampel when Calhoun was running a practice, probably 11 years ago. We were there about 20-30 seconds before we saw guys from 2 directions coming to ask us to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom