Need guards | The Boneyard

Need guards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Adams is a stud but going into next season with just adding Jalen at guard is frightening to think about. We absolutely need to bring in two more guards that are UConn level talents, Bruce Brown and anybody else who can pass and run offense is desperately needed. I don't want to be an alarmist but I feel that our whole season depends on it.

Reaction Score
Need a post player too. It would be unconscionable to enter another season with the same frontcourt.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Tsam looks like a 7th grader playing on a varsity team, no doubt about that (apologies to any seventh graders out there who have a jump shot - no offense meant)... but Purvis can play (pales to Boat/Bazz/Kemba, but who doesn't) and Jalen is a top 25 recruit. Brown (top 50 guy) would be a huge get and is needed, but saying someone else above and beyond him too might be pushing the envelope, we are bad but not that desperate... yet.

Reaction Score
Samuel is a nice kid and he certainly helped in the run last year but a place like Iona is much more of a fit than UConn.

Reaction Score
"Best backcourt in the nation baby!" - Superjohn, four months ago.

I didn't want to sign Byron Wesley since I thought it would mess with T Sam's development. Its funny how off some of us were in regards to the backcourt - KO included.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
we need front court more than anything... post players both offensively and defensively...phil did a good job towards the end of the year but needs to continue working... brimah as a lot to do but his presence on the inside with blocking shots helps us tremendously...

Reaction Score
We need a natural PG (who can shoot 30-35% from 3 and run an offense) and a big way more than we need Bruce Brown. We have Purvis, Hamilton, Calhoun, Cassell who can all fill the 2 and 3 while hamilton can play the 4. Brown creates more of a log jam. Get a point guard to help out Adams and our offense as a whole because it is better run with 2 PG's.

Also, we need a big that isn't a project. We need a proven low post presence. Some grad transfer that averaged 9 and 7 or something year. We need offense from our bigs. Enoch is a project still - we don't know what we're going to get out of him.

Reaction Score
Wonder what the 'sit-downs' with KO will be like. Hate to say it, but the pink slips should be coming

Reaction Score
Brimah has got to do some rebounding. we are getting killed in that dept. He blocks shots and that is fine, but he needs to rebound to help this tam more. If he is the same next year as this we are going to struggle

Reaction Score
We need everything

I agree. We need talent big and small. Offensive talent. I'm not ready to concede that SCJr is what we need. I saw absolutely nothing that says he is the answer. Brimah isn't going to become a back to the basket center on O. He doesn't have the strength to be a great rebounded and Phil doesn't have the motor to be that rebounded. Some where saying he has good post moves but when it's time to shot it after those moves he can't jump and the defender has time to recover.

When you look at that SMU game, Boat was exhausted. Yes it was the 4th game but I think he was mentally exhausted carrying this team.

Reaction Score
we need front court more than anything... post players both offensively and defensively...phil did a good job towards the end of the year but needs to continue working... brimah as a lot to do but his presence on the inside with blocking shots helps us tremendously...

What he said.

Reaction Score
Sam Jr could end up solving a lot of problems if he can improve his D.
Jr. didn't end up with many of Sr's genes for athleticism. If Ollie's plan was to have a running and pressing team, I can't believe he ended up at UConn.

Reaction Score
We need a natural PG (who can shoot 30-35% from 3 and run an offense) and a big way more than we need Bruce Brown. We have Purvis, Hamilton, Calhoun, Cassell who can all fill the 2 and 3 while hamilton can play the 4. Brown creates more of a log jam. Get a point guard to help out Adams and our offense as a whole because it is better run with 2 PG's.

Also, we need a big that isn't a project. We need a proven low post presence. Some grad transfer that averaged 9 and 7 or something year. We need offense from our bigs. Enoch is a project still - we don't know what we're going to get out of him.
So you want to potentially turn down a top 50 recruit? The guy is already known as an elite defender and an amazing athlete with a good and improving jumpshot. Much better overall player than Samuel and Calhoun are. You can never have enough of those.

Reaction Score
So you want to potentially turn down a top 50 recruit? The guy is already known as an elite defender and an amazing athlete with a good and improving jumpshot. Much better overall player than Samuel and Calhoun are. You can never have enough of those.
KO will not turn down talent if he gets the chance, and the message to everyone is going to be to earn the PT.

Reaction Score
We have 2 scholarships. Unless we're getting Stone, we can take Brown (any inkling we're in the lead?) and someone else.

KO might try to keep a scholarship or free, even then, for the 2016 class. There are only two official openings (Calhoun and Nolan), and we're in on a lot of kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom