Need advice re; Mojo | The Boneyard

Need advice re; Mojo

Reaction Score
I'm conflicted about my Uconn gear and how to use it to maximize the teams mojo on game day.
I have a long sleeve tee that I really like but I suspect it might have negative mojo. It's legit gear, so I don't think it's a knock off curse.
I try to mix stuff up on gameday, always use my Uconn koozie for my beer, but I want to be sure that I don't cause a loss at this time of the year. I never throw anything away or retire anything to the rag bin. I still have my BE tourney shirt I bought at MSG on March 9, 1996. It's a little tattered but still fits.
How do the experts handle this?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The basic rule of thumb in mohini is you don't find mojo, mojo finds you.

I will add however, to paraphrase Crash Davis "if you believe it helps the mojo, it helps the mojo".

Go through all of your memorabilia and find the one that you believe provides the best mojo.

Remember, if we don't win it all this year you will be to blame.

Reaction Score
I have three jerseys that I alternate wearing until we lose. Most recently I wore a Bouk jersey starting with the St. Johns win. After the Nova game I was convinced we wouldn't lose the rest of the season as long as I kept that jersey on. Then the Creighton game happened....

So now I'm really risking it all with what jersey I wear for the first round of the BET. The stakes have never been higher, and if we lose I only have myself to blame. Mojo is what you make it. Wear the same fit until we lose then switch it up. I personally think the '96 BET shirt you have is a no-brainer. May the mojo be with you.

unlucky tv show GIF

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Remember, if we don't win it all this year you will be to blame.
Oh, no! If we don't win it all this year, it is definitely Deepster's fault.

Maybe swami's fault, too. But being as he is in the memory care facility now (I think), he won't notice.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Oh, no! If we don't win it all this year, it is definitely Deepster's fault.

Maybe swami's fault, too. But being as he is in the memory care facility now (I think), he won't notice.
No need to worry, if things turn out poorly there will be plenty of blame to go around.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My El-Amin t-shirt is undefeated this season and has been worn for our biggest wins.

I'll start with that on Thursday and take it from there.
Same for my white dog hoodie

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Positive mojo re: UConn touggness.

Mrs Diesel found this pint glass with a crack going along the base of the glass.

I've had it for a long time but it had to go. I went out to the garage to the recycling holding bin and nonchalantly tossed it in there. Only thing in bin was an empty bottle of bourbon. Direct hit glass to glass and this pint glass didn't shatter or get more damaged in any way, shape or form.

20220308_112413.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm conflicted about my Uconn gear and how to use it to maximize the teams mojo on game day.
I have a long sleeve tee that I really like but I suspect it might have negative mojo. It's legit gear, so I don't think it's a knock off curse.
I try to mix stuff up on gameday, always use my Uconn koozie for my beer, but I want to be sure that I don't cause a loss at this time of the year. I never throw anything away or retire anything to the rag bin. I still have my BE tourney shirt I bought at MSG on March 9, 1996. It's a little tattered but still fits.
How do the experts handle this?
So, first off, clearly you have to wash your long sleeve tee.

“ But CL 82, it is already clean“

Doesn’t matter. You must wash off the bad mojo. Then put it away and hold it in reserve. If things get ugly in a particular game break it out as a back up jersey.

Start with your strongest piece of UConn gear. (Don’t pretend like you don’t know which one it is, see my reply above to 8893. We all know which one is our winning piece of gear in any season. ) Now this is critical, as long as we’re winning, don’t go to another shirt, and don’t wash the thing. Washing off the mojo is a rookie mistake.

These are mojo basics, but they are also rules we should all live by at least in the post season.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The basic rule of thumb in mohini is you don't find mojo, mojo finds you.

I will add however, to paraphrase Crash Davis "if you believe it helps the mojo, it helps the mojo".
All you need to know right there. If you feel rubbing one out to a photo of Mrs. Bernie Fine is a mojo enhancer, no one here will think less of you.

Don't ask me how I know this.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
All you need to know right there. If you feel rubbing one out to a photo of Mrs. Bernie Fine is a mojo enhancer, no one here will think less of you.

Trust me, I'd rather not know how you know that.

I am however wondering if that is how they were able to face so many B-12 schools with no idea how to attack a zone in the 2003 tournament.

Reaction Score
I stay away from my 2014 gear. It’s like fools gold. Feels right at first, but then you realize the negative mojo.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Strangely, last season it was discovered that I may not wear any UConn gear on game day. None!

Deviation from this is an assured L.

Gear may be worn any and every non game day.

MOJO may be fickle, but it is omni-present.

YMMV.

Reaction Score
I'm going with my 04 Ben Gordon jersey as they're undefeated when I've worn it this season. My office has been much more lax about the dress code since covid, so I'll assume if anyone gives me a hard time while wearing it Thursday that they're just Syracuse fans and should be ignored.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I love my grey UConn hoodie, but the mojo isn't strong. Long sleeve T is also mediocre.

I have discovered an undefeated combination this season, a red T shirt under a UConn Hockey jersey I got for Christmas. It only works with the red t-shirt. With blue...no good. For tournament play, I am planning to save that for Friday, gambling that lower mojo attire can safely be worn on Thursday. I may go with my Block C sweatshirt, betting that gear focused on non basketball programs is strong with mojo.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't sweat the gear. I just worry how I'm gonna throw down a decent number of Rolling Rocks with puking.

Reaction Score

Now I have to go out and find a photo of Mrs Fine. Just for experimental purposes. There's probably plenty copies up near the ornge dome. :eek:

Reaction Score
This is just the knowledge, wisdom and logic I was hoping for. I don't know how I was so lost with this. The answer is clear now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom