Need a 3, Last Possesion, What Lineup? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Need a 3, Last Possesion, What Lineup?

Reaction Score
All time..I've seen Diana T. & Sue B. do things that defy belief at crunch time.
Present crew...Paige for the key shot, whatever it might be or where on the floor it might come from.
Getting the ball to her in the open would best be up to Liv, who has the visibility, the quickness, who can kick it out or in and also screen.
Since they don't seem to be happy unless they can spread out the defense by passing it around, let's include Nika
and Evina in the formula.

Reaction Score
Is it time for the season to begin?
1634057107454.png

Reaction Score
Paige passes to Azzi for the shot. Azzi passes back to a wide open Paige. Time expires. Butler wins.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Suppose it is an end of the game situation, we have the ball and need a 3 to tie. What lineup do you put out there?

This would be my choice.

C- Dorka

PF- Saylor

SF- Caroline

SG- Azzi

PG- Paige

Obviously we could do the same thing if you need two points, or need a stop defensively, or any situational lineup for that matter, but thought I would
start with this one.
Simple answer here......6-5 Dorka to inbound the ball to 6-5 ONO (who is a very good passer) if time permits, Evina, Paige and Azzi who hopefully have been in rhythm and hot THAT particular game. Everybody has an "off" night. The ball should go to one of these three designated shooters.

Whoever can get open (come off a screen and lose their man) for a pass and take a reasonably good "open" shot. I'm pretty sure Geno won't care who scores the basket, as long as somebody does. :) Of course there are other combinations that could be used here. I'd be willing to go down with these 3 on the floor with either of them taking the last shot.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
My line up would be:

Paige
Caroline Ducharme
Westbrook
Dorka
Azzi

I got some quality game tested players around a shooter who has a really great shooting form.
I'm with you.

Reaction Score
Suppose it is an end of the game situation, we have the ball and need a 3 to tie. What lineup do you put out there?

This would be my choice.

C- Dorka

PF- Saylor

SF- Caroline

SG- Azzi

PG- Paige

Obviously we could do the same thing if you need two points, or need a stop defensively, or any situational lineup for that matter, but thought I would
start with this one.
CW, , PB,CD, AE (to screen).........

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
Dorka’s not taking the shot. She may be the best three point shooter out of the bigs but we have better choices. I’d put Edwards out on the floor to rebound and kick it out, or lay it in and help for an and one of time is running out.

Also, experience matters, so it’s tough not to put your two most experienced three-point shooters out on the floor. CW and Evina can make the shot, rebound or pass as needed.

I think I go with:
Paige
Azzi (on reputation alone)
Christyn
Evina
Edwards

If Caroline ends up proving herself as being as good as shooter as she is being pitched, maybe she replaces Azzi.
Since you're choosing your picks based on reputations do you thk tht CD is a better shooter thn Azzi? And if so wht videos or games are you using to substantiate said choice...just asking.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Since you're choosing your picks based on reputations do you thk tht CD is a better shooter thn Azzi? And if so wht videos or games are you using to substantiate said choice...just asking.
You did notice that Azzi is in my five and not Caroline right?

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Paige to take the shot
Of the players I picked I think we have one great passer in Paige and two above average ones in Azzi and Caroline, although the freshmen have to show it at this level. As for setting screens I believe Dorka can fill that role, and Aaliyah would be great at that if she replaced someone, but if the shot clock was running out I don't want Aaliyah jacking up a hail mary.
Neither Azzi nor Caroline has shown me any passing as good as Saylor's. (I haven't seen much of Caroline.) Every game of Saylor's that I've seen, at least once there's at least one "How did she see that?" pass. I think her passing and rebounding will be way more impactful than her scoring.

For a do-or-die three, I'd like to see Paige as the shooter; Azzi as a backup; Evina and Christyn as further backups/screeners, and in E's case, primary or secondary ball handler; and Olivia or Aaliyah as screener, possible person to kick the ball back to Paige after a screen.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
You did notice that Azzi is in my five and not Caroline right?
Yes I did, and you did say maybe. It's your list I'll respect ur opinion and stay in my lane.

Reaction Score
Paige to take the shot

Neither Azzi nor Caroline has shown me any passing as good as Saylor's. (I haven't seen much of Caroline.) Every game of Saylor's that I've seen, at least once there's at least one "How did she see that?" pass. I think her passing and rebounding will be way more impactful than her scoring.

For a do-or-die three, I'd like to see Paige as the shooter; Azzi as a backup; Evina and Christyn as further backups/screeners, and in E's case, primary or secondary ball handler; and Olivia or Aaliyah as screener, possible person to kick the ball back to Paige after a screen.
Admittedly, I have not watched any Saylor videos. However, I have read in numerous articles that her passing is spectacular. And even though her shooting in the minimum minutes she had last year wasn't all that great, Paige has had high praise for her 3 point ability. So, who knows? She got drafted by Geno, so she must have something going.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Caroline did beat Azzi in the SLAM 3-pt contest this past year. They actually tied, but Caroline made more shots as Azzi made more bonus balls. Just a thought, but I would pick Azzi over Caroline until I see them both in action.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
Caroline did beat Azzi in the SLAM 3-pt contest this past year. They actually tied, but Caroline made more shots as Azzi made more bonus balls. Just a thought, but I would pick Azzi over Caroline until I see them both in action.
True but, and forgive me if my memory fails me, Azzi was shooting wearing a walking boot. .so until I see them both in a game time pressure situation I'll remain neutral on the choice, don't get me wrong i semi- agree with the OP , can't go wrong with either, great choices to have, gonna be an exciting year.

Reaction Score
Admittedly, I have not watched any Saylor videos. However, I have read in numerous articles that her passing is spectacular. And even though her shooting in the minimum minutes she had last year wasn't all that great, Paige has had high praise for her 3 point ability. So, who knows? She got drafted by Geno, so she must have something going.

I believe Saylor was injured. I thought I read she had a stress fracture in her back.

Reaction Score

This would be my choice.

C- Dorka

PF- Saylor

SF- Caroline

SG- Azzi

PG- Paige

start with this one.
I like your lineup except I would replace Saylor with Liyah just in case a tough rebound is needed on the first attempt. However, I suppose in this circumstance Paige wouldn't miss so maybe a rebound wouldn't be necessary.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom