Nebrich today. 31/41, 253, 3 TD, 0 INT | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nebrich today. 31/41, 253, 3 TD, 0 INT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's OK, but your thread title is implicitly saying "If only we still had MN we would have had 3 TDs and no INTs and beaten buffalo".

I think it's more likely the offense would have had a few more first downs, maybe a couple more scores. Perhaps you turned the game off partway through, but we lost to Buffalo by almost 30 points. Less than 1 YPG rushing (some of which is negative yards from sacks, but still.) Defense played like it did vs. Towson, not the way it played vs. Michigan. One player, be it Nebrich, or even Peyton frikkin' Manning, would not be enough to fix the problems this team has.

No, my thread title implies nothing. It is a simple statement of fact.

I have explicitly stated my opinion on numerous occasions. Pasqualoni has made horrible personnel decisions. For example, who looked like the more effective running back against Buffalo. McCombs or DeLorenzo? So why was Max nailed to the bench last season?

My point is that P doesn't use his players in games, so he has no idea what his personnel can do. Getting into UConn starting line up is like an appointment to the Supreme Court. Performance or production doesn't matter.

I use Nebrich as exhibit A.

Reaction Score
He never got a fair shot in 2011. We were told he would get qtr 2 and 4 in the first game.
Instead he got 1 series, and we watched JMac deliver us 5 wins behind a very good (Foley coached) O Line.

P doesnt make any decisions that make sense

I honestly think PGDL didnt like Nebrich because he wasnt tall enough. Im so sick of hearing about PP's prototypes. We are a big, slow team. Thats what the prototypes have gotten us.

Remember who our #1 pass rusher ever was ??? 225 pound DE. Now our DE's are almost 300 pounds, and they cant even set the edge, nevermind get to the QB.

Idiots

Reaction Score
Not a comparison.....

But Johnny Manziel isn't even 6 feet tall (no matter what the book says). PP wouldn't have played him. Guaranteed.

He doesn't pass the "eye test"

Idiots :mad:

Reaction Score
Michael Box yesterday vs University of California (PA) 9-13 1 TD 1 INT 151 yds
oowwww ahhhhhhh

Reaction Score
Michael Box yesterday vs University of California (PA) 9-13 1 TD 1 INT 151 yds
oowwww ahhhhhhh

WOW he only had 4 incomplete passes all game........damn we screwed up not keeping this guy!!!!

Reaction Score
The question is whether he is better than Whitmer. He doesn't have to outrun a cheetah, he just has to be faster than the guy he is competing with.

Do you think he is better than Whitmer?

Reaction Score
This is not about who our QB is... or is not! It's about our OL, which was one of our greatest strengths a couple short seasons ago and is now our Achilles heel. GDL is the "brain trust" behind the remarkable conversion from traditional play to zone blocking that we have been witnessing. His zone blocking scheme has been horrific, but it seems that he must have convinced PP that the guys are soooo close to finally getting it, that we simply must continue to stay with it! This is just crazy! It would make little difference who our QB is...it's the coaching!!

Reaction Score
Actually, the question is weather he is better than JMac or not, given the timing of his year with the program.

Answer there is a very probable yes.

Reaction Score
Nebrich would probably be better for this team because he can run. I don't think his stats through the air would be anywhere near as good at UConn.

However, given that we've gotten spanked by Towson and Buffalo, it is kind of hard to argue that Nebrich isn't playing similar competition. He isn't playing Michigan and Maryland but he is playing schools similar to Towson and UB.

Reaction Score
I happen to think that Whitmer is a good QB. Better than most weve had. But it's all moot because he hears footsteps on every play, and it's understandable, given that he's been hit more than any other D1 QB over the last 2 years. I'd be scared too.
Yeah. It's not like he's paranoid. Those linebackers and linemen are actually coming for him!!

Reaction Score
The question is whether he is better than Whitmer. He doesn't have to outrun a cheetah, he just has to be faster than the guy he is competing with.
Unless of course, the other team has cheetahs as linebackers. Then he better be able to outrun a cheetah

Reaction Score
What's happening at Fordham, is that you have an energetic and engaged coaching staff, that is connected with their players, they have talent, and they play with heart and intensity that is consistent week in and week out.

Reaction Score
Yeah. It's not like he's paranoid. Those linebackers and linemen are actually coming for him!!

I bet he hears them in his sleep. It's really unfortunate that we finally have a QB who can sling it, and we have the worst line in all of football.

As an aside, I know he's turnover prone. He forces quite a few balls, and inflicts wounds on his own...but to give CW all the blame for the picks is just wrong.

Casey came in and threw a pick on his first ever pass. That's as clear an indication as there can be that it's not all on the QB. It's on the line...more specifically, the line coaching and scheme.

Footsteps, Footsteps, Footeteps. I feel terrible for all of our kids. I wonder how many are NFL players, but will never get the chance because they have been so poorly coached.

Reaction Score
I bet he hears them in his sleep. It's really unfortunate that we finally have a QB who can sling it, and we have the worst line in all of football.

As an aside, I know he's turnover prone. He forces quite a few balls, and inflicts wounds on his own...but to give CW all the blame for the picks is just wrong.

Casey came in and threw a pick on his first ever pass. That's as clear an indication as there can be that it's not all on the QB. It's on the line...more specifically, the line coaching and scheme.

Footsteps, Footsteps, Footeteps. I feel terrible for all of our kids. I wonder how many are NFL players, but will never get the chance because they have been so poorly coached.
Yeah. I really think this is the line. The offensive line is the heart and soul of any team. They're the guys in the mud, they have this crazy outlook on life and their positions in it - they're John Madden's hogs, funny guys with great senses of humor. GDL took this group and turned them into an embarrassment. They can't feel good about themselves. Put Foley back and just let them run over people like they used to do. Stop with the "zone" thingie. When the line doesn't work, the heart dies, the soul dies, the body dies, the team dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom