Nebrich today. 31/41, 253, 3 TD, 0 INT | The Boneyard

Nebrich today. 31/41, 253, 3 TD, 0 INT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Also ran for 39 yards on 13 carries.

Good thing that P. never gave him a chance.

Reaction Score
3tu1p3.jpg

Reaction Score
That was funny Irish, but lets give Nebrich credit. He had enough sense to see this shatshow coming and said I'm out!

Reaction Score
Good call Pal, Nebrich was our future. I can't imagine any of the Qb's we currently have would be able to do that.

Reaction Score
That was funny Irish, but lets give Nebrich credit. He had enough sense to see this shatshow coming and said I'm out!

As I said. He's not wrong. But complaining about it now isn't helping anybody, imo.

I already just spent three hours getting wailed in my emotional crotch, I don't need Palatine tap-dancing on it as well.

Reaction Score
Good call Pal, Nebrich was our future. I can't imagine any of the Qb's we currently have would be able to do that.

The QBs we have currently play D1A football.

Reaction Score
Alright, really I hate life as a husky fan right now as I'm sure you do, and to a level that I couldn't even imagine 5 years ago. PP has done seemlingly nothing right, other than recruit locally, and that comes with a BIG I guess. However, I could give 2 shtz less what Nebrich is doing at FCS U..........Seriously if he was still here he would be face-planted staring at the lines of the field because either his Oline couldn't block for more than 2 seconds because they are to busy trying to recall GDL's complex zone blocking schemes, his receivers were incapable of running good routes or getting open because we are missing our best/2nd best WR and we are playing with mediocrity at the TE, or the play call was simply an abomination like leaving TE's to block their best pass rushers one on one or not having a hot route slants over the middle on long 3rd plays when they are Obviously blitzing or the kids just have completely lost faith in our geriatric crew of coaches......... Either way we are still 0-4 with Nebrich regardless....

Reaction Score
He promised Nebrich the second quarter against Vandy. The gaven him one series while Johnny Mac got the first entire quarter and the rest of the second quarter and did NOTHING.

That told me EVERYTHING.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Alright, really I hate life as a husky fan right now as I'm sure you do, and to a level that I couldn't even imagine 5 years ago. PP has done seemlingly nothing right, other than recruit locally, and that comes with a BIG I guess. However, I could give 2 shtz less what Nebrich is doing at FCS U..........Seriously if he was still here he would be face-planted staring at the lines of the field because either his Oline couldn't block for more than 2 seconds because they are to busy trying to recall GDL's complex zone blocking schemes, his receivers were incapable of running good routes or getting open because we are missing our best/2nd best WR and we are playing with mediocrity at the TE, or the play call was simply an abomination like leaving TE's to block their best pass rushers one on one or not having a hot route slants over the middle on long 3rd plays when they are Obviously blitzing or the kids just have completely lost faith in our geriatric crew of coaches......... Either way we are still 0-4 with Nebrich regardless....

Exactly. I just watched a former two-time CT Gatoraid POY look like he was playing football for the first time. That isn't on Cochran. That's on the OLine. Anyone who thinks that Nebrich would magically be able to succeed behind this OLine is kidding themselves as to what the problem really is on this team...

Reaction Score
Mike has the natural ability to run. Wonder if that would be a useful skill behind a bad O-line/scheme?

Look, when this relic was hired and announced he was planning to run a pro-style after every other team not named Alabama or USC was running some sort of spread (not to mention we spent the two previous recruiting cycles recruiting talent to run the spread and power blocking o-lineman) we should have know what the future would hold. I just wish I could personally and privately extend my gratitude to one Mr. J Hathaway for this brilliant hire.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Maybe Taylor saw handwriting on wall that Dracula would not last and decided to come.
He is tall kid who can run. Let's switch from pro set ASAP and let him be our Vick.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I cannot speak on this case specifically beyond many close to this kid believe he was never given any consideration by our then offensive coordinator. I do know in a handful of other cases there were kids who, in the eyes of the offensive coordinator did not look the part (in street clothes) and the decision as to where they ended up on the depth chart was made prior to spring practices. The names of one or two would surprise many.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I cannot speak on this case specifically beyond many close to this kid believe he was never given any consideration by our then offensive coordinator. I do know in a handful of other cases there were kids who, in the eyes of the offensive coordinator did not look the part (in street clothes) and the decision as to where they ended up on the depth chart was made prior to spring practices. The names of one or two would surprise many.

I believe you. These kids were thrown under the bus and never got a fair shot

Reaction Score
Does anyone remember the tweet Nebrich made a day or so after bolting? It was something along the lines of "people need to realize what the coaching staff there is doing"....I can't remember the exact quote but it was basically a cry for understanding to the fans pretty much saying that P and D were up the team......Boy was Nebrich right.

Reaction Score
Actually he is kinda wrong if he thinks Nebrich would have had those stats behind GDL's O-line.

The question is whether he is better than Whitmer. He doesn't have to outrun a cheetah, he just has to be faster than the guy he is competing with.

Reaction Score
So we go out and recruit a guy out of JUCO who is as short and a lot slower and had a history of throwing a lot of ints. Sounds like a brilliant strategy to me.

Doesnt matter anyways. As long as GDL is "coaching" the line, there isnt a QB alive that would be successful...or a RB for that matter.

I happen to think that Whitmer is a good QB. Better than most weve had. But it's all moot because he hears footsteps on every play, and it's understandable, given that he's been hit more than any other D1 QB over the last 2 years. I'd be scared too.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
The question is whether he is better than Whitmer. He doesn't have to outrun a cheetah, he just has to be faster than the guy he is competing with.
That's OK, but your thread title is implicitly saying "If only we still had MN we would have had 3 TDs and no INTs and beaten buffalo".

I think it's more likely the offense would have had a few more first downs, maybe a couple more scores. Perhaps you turned the game off partway through, but we lost to Buffalo by almost 30 points. Less than 1 YPG rushing (some of which is negative yards from sacks, but still.) Defense played like it did vs. Towson, not the way it played vs. Michigan. One player, be it Nebrich, or even Peyton frikkin' Manning, would not be enough to fix the problems this team has.

Reaction Score
Nebrich was a fringe FBS talent who is thriving in FCS. Not a surprise. Let's not turn him into an Alex Oriakhi type figure where we dissect his stats every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom