Nebrich officially nailed to the bench. | The Boneyard

Nebrich officially nailed to the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As Johnny "production" Mac puts up 9 points.

P. is starting to look like a stubborn man who refuses to see the reality before his eyes. No one won this job. The competition was fixed And a passable performance against a lousy MAC defensedidn't change anything.

And leaving Mac in the 4th quarter to "produce" another handful of three and outs, What was that?

C

Chief00

Coach P has lost this team emotionally. Him getting the job was all about politics.

Reaction Score
We'll beet SFU next week at home with Mac under center.

The progress last week and this week is very obvious to me. This game was about one horendous turnover and a couple of defensive breakdowns by some very young guys.

WVU at Morgantown with Geno is a very tough draw. These kids are ok. More character than most of the posters on this board. That's for sure.

Reaction Score
I would have liked to see Nebrich get some time in the 4th quarter, because experience, no matter what part of the game is invaluable for a young qb. The game was out of hand, and although I believe McEntee gives us the best chance to win each week, Nebrich should have gotten some PT towards the end.

Reaction Score
I would have liked to see Nebrich get some time in the 4th quarter, because experience, no matter what part of the game is invaluable for a young qb. The game was out of hand, and although I believe McEntee gives us the best chance to win each week, Nebrich should have gotten some PT towards the end.
Agreed. Did McCummings get any snaps? Didn't see the whole game. PP has to give Nebrich a chance this season or he could say I'm done here and pack his bags with Cochran coming in next year.

Reaction Score
We'll beet SFU next week at home with Mac under center.

The progress last week and this week is very obvious to me. This game was about one horendous turnover and a couple of defensive breakdowns by some very young guys.

WVU at Morgantown with Geno is a very tough draw. These kids are ok. More character than most of the posters on this board. That's for sure.

Reaction Score
Mac has failed to produce a single offensive TD - twice in five games.

Is that how he separated himself?

Reaction Score
Mac has failed to produce a single offensive TD - twice in five games.

Is that how he separated himself?

May I ask how Nebrich separated himself? (By the way, I was a big Nebrich supporter after the Vandy game, and still believe if we are winless in our next 3 games, Nebrich needs to be playing at least 50-50).

Reaction Score
Nebrich wasn't given a chance to separate himself/

How do you know that? I am assuming you know that aside from the games, there are other times to evaluate a player. They have practices.

As the season starts slipping away, I am all for Nebrich getting significant time. It would be valuable experience and would give UCONN 2 qb's with game experience to battle it out next spring.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't think Nebrich is remotely ready to play, nor should he be expected to be. It is entirely possible that McEntee starts all season, then loses the job to Nebrich next year after Nebrich has a year in the system. But starting a freshman QB? Ask Louisville how that is working out.

Reaction Score
Tell me what flavor of Kool-Aid you're drinking. I'd like to try some!

We played a top 10-15 team on the road in a conference opener against an NFL caliber QB. We were down two starters in the secondary. We needed to play perfectly for a chance to win and until about 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter we weren't doing badly at all. Mac's fumble and it's ensuing return deep into our territory was a killer.

I try to look at some of this without having emotion and frustration take over. I then try to be positve and supportive as a fan. If you will look back, you will see that I predicted that we would be fortunate to get to a bowl game this season. I am not terribly surprised by this. So I am very much a realist.

I guess I could post about firing the coach and changing QBs every 15 minutes, but I just don't see that a lot comes from that.

Reaction Score
HE should have been allowed to red shirt. If the coaches determined he wasn't ready - or even were 100 % sure - the should't have burnt it. Dumb. Ditto for Deshon Fox. For all they are using him to spell McCombs, just RS him and let JJL do mop up. He's earned it after 8.5 years in the program and 5 position changes.

Reaction Score
It is pathetic that UConn's QB situation has sucked since 2004, and is not even close to getting fixed. In fact it's getting worse.

Reaction Score
It is pathetic that UConn's QB situation has sucked since 2004, and is not even close to getting fixed. In fact it's getting worse.

Its actually improved, barely. But it is the single most perplexing aspect of this program. After Dan O, there really has been poor play.

Reaction Score
I don't know. Our QB situation has sucked. Will Nebrich be better because he took 40-50 snaps this year? YOU BET. And we won't have to worry about rushing Casey Cochran ... and I do mean the board posters NOT PPP.

Reaction Score
Our situation sucked because QBs have been handed the job.

Reaction Score
Palatine ... I watched these kids as close as you have. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that McEntee is our best chance to win in 2011. Nebrich was not ready ... to date. Is McEntee getting better? YES. I think that answer is inarguably a yes. The Nebrich development is important because I think (as you do) that the kid has to highest upside of the 3 currently on the roster ... with a scholarship. If McEntee goes down, Nebrich will come on well.

Johnny McEntee was not handed the job. It is clear that he won it through the practices in Spring & August. He is improving. And he gets evaluate every snap. And I'm certain that Nebrich does too.

Reaction Score
Our situation sucked because QBs have been handed the job.

I know you are fishing here. But why don't you elaborate when you make statements? What would our records be right now with Nebrich at the helm? McCummings? Why do you think that?

Reaction Score
Did you watch Nebrich play? He squeezed the ball so hard that he inevitably came out like a wounded duck? MN will be fine and ultimately successful.

Some of you are simply never going to be happy. The same crowd crying that playing 3QBs was insane are now arguing for playing 3 QBs. I don't even know how to respond to the crowd arguing PP fixed the rotation so that MN would not play. If this were a team that had been successful establishing the run, perhpas MN could have been given more opportunity. But for everyone watching it was plain to see from game 2 that we needed to stretch D's and put more burden on the QB then we hoped. Ther is no Todman or Brown this year. Putting MN in that situation, where he had to win with his arm might have been too much to ask for a true frosh.

Oh, and I much prefer the staff that plays to give kids experience in 2012 then one looking at the 2016 schedule.

Reaction Score
Maybe he didn't redshirt these guys because he thinks he can bring better talent in down the road anyway.

Reaction Score
As Johnny "production" Mac puts up 9 points.

P. is starting to look like a stubborn man who refuses to see the reality before his eyes. No one won this job. The competition was fixed And a passable performance against a lousy MAC defensedidn't change anything.

And leaving Mac in the 4th quarter to "produce" another handful of three and outs, What was that?
I think we all can agree that the QB competition was fixed and that the worst performer was given the starting job, but the question is why? Why does Pasqualoni want to use a player that is obviously not the best one he could put out there? Why does he want to lose games so badly when other coaches want to win?

What it all boils down to is this: why does Paul Pasqualoni hate UConn football and its fans so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom