Nebrich does it again | The Boneyard

Nebrich does it again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Fordham offense gained a season-high 606 yards and was led by junior quarterback Mike Nebrich, who competed 32 of 38 passes for 347 yards, his second straight 300-yard passing game, and three touchdowns and he rushed 12 times for another 85 yards.

I know it was only against Columbia, but 32 out of 38 sounds like J Mac video numbers. If only he had been given a chance? Or was he a late bloomer that went undetected by this coaching staff. Morehead knew what he had.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
To be fair, it was Nebrich's choice to leave. Had he not left, he likely would have replaced Whitmer at some point last year or this. He didn't want to be patient and let things play out. We may be having this same thread in 3 years about Lagow too.

Reaction Score
To be fair, it was Nebrich's choice to leave. Had he not left, he likely would have replaced Whitmer at some point last year or this. He didn't want to be patient and let things play out. We may be having this same thread in 3 years about Lagow too.

He seemed pretty patient waiting behind Johnnt Mac. when PP had said production would win the job and then after the nightmare performance by JM against Vandy decided that it was all about continuity. Why wait for a fool of a coach to become not a fool, that would seem, well, foolish.

Reaction Score
That's an FCS school. The few times Nebrich was in he looked way to small to see over the O- Line. Also I remember him taking quite the beating.

Reaction Score
That's an FCS school. The few times Nebrich was in he looked way to small to see over the O- Line. Also I remember him taking quite the beating.

He lit up an FBS defense last week.

P never had him in the right offense, I posted many times he should be running the McCummings style offense with more passing, basically spread option. For some reason P kept putting him in our pro-style attack.

He probably was too small as a freshmen, but most freshman are too small.

Reaction Score
P never had him in the right offense, I posted many times he should be running the McCummings style offense with more passing, basically spread option. For some reason P kept putting him in our pro-style attack.

That is the key problem with PP right there. He has been using the same type of offense and defenses schemes for the last 20+ years regardless f the players he has on the team, the team is coaching for and the team he is coaching against.

Reaction Score
This kid is a gamer and we missed on him completely. Like many said, PP and staff only runs their system regardless of the players' strengths and weaknesses. Ideal offense for this kid would be spread option with more throwing opportunities. I understand the kid's frustration. He went to play for a coach that recruited him. He is doing well and I am happy for him. I am fine if we bring Moorehead back too to be the next HC.

Reaction Score
To be honest, P. lied to Nebrich and nailed him to the bench.

Reaction Score
Or maybe he is just a FCS quality quarterback who has just recently started to flourish in FCS level football. They have beaten 2 very bad FCS teams, a good FCS team and 0-3 Temple. It is not like he transferred to another FBS school and is tearing it up.

Reaction Score
To be honest, P. lied to Nebrich and nailed him to the bench.

True. Remember when GDL came close to denigrating Nebrich's HS accomplishments because, and this is a direct quote, "Spread kid, all he did was run around and make plays." Say what?

The kid is a legitimate 4.5 (4.49 if you want accuracy) forty kid who can throw on the run and from the pocket. And get this. With accuracy. His was one of the HS QB high-light reels that really stood out to me. I was disappointed when he moved on.

Would you believe they are calling NM "Mikey Football" on Rose Hill?

Reaction Score
To be fair, Fordham has been recruiting with 60 scholarships to offer for four years. They are very much ahead of their competition in the Patriot league, who are just now this season up to offering 60 scholarships, and are at the same level of most FCS programs at scholarship limits. They have done very well under Moorhead, and he's a younger guy, that that clearly relates to his players as a former player and student at Fordham, and has a quarterback that has division 1 skill level to go with that ramped up level of scholarship athlete they've got a head start on against their regular competition. Temple? We better beat Temple this year - that's all I can say, and I'd like to see what Towson v. Fordham would look like. It could happen in the 1-AA playoffs.

Reaction Score
When he got in for UConn and in the spring game he was really bothered by the pass rush and tended to hold on to the ball too long. He also would run backwards when pressured. My guess is that he gets a lot of time to throw at Fordham. Whitmer would most likely put up huge numbers if he had the threat of a run game to slow down the pass rush.

Reaction Score
True. Remember when GDL came close to denigrating Nebrich's HS accomplishments because, and this is a direct quote, "Spread kid, all he did was run around and make plays." Say what?

GDL is still upset about that wacky 'forward pass' that football invented a 'few' years back. He's patiently waiting for the old Wing T to return to pro and college football so that he can show off his expert OL coaching skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom