Nebraska's Jordy Tshimanga Transferring- 6'11 270 lbs Center | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nebraska's Jordy Tshimanga Transferring- 6'11 270 lbs Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
His surname has promise. Us UCONN fans love a good surname.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
lack of aggression, soft, and uncoordinated. nice kid but don't want him anywhere near UConn.
So why did Hunter recruit him to Nebraska? Was he recruited as a practice player, or a player to give starters a rest?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
So why did Hunter recruit him to Nebraska? Was he recruited as a practice player, or a player to give starters a rest?

he was thought to be a raw big man that had great potential. He's only been playing basketball a few years now. I imagine a redshirt year and a year of really focusing on getting his body right would do him wonders but he really seems lost defensively most of the time and has no idea how to use his frame/size to his advantage. Don't know if I've ever seen him dunk in his two years at Nebraska which is crazy considering where he gets all his touches.

Kenya has recruited a hell of a lot of good players to Nebraska- don't let Miles' lack of coaching ability convince you otherwise- but most of those players have been wings and guards. Nebraska really has had one good "big" and he was 6'7 and transferred out last year (Ed Morrow). The rest of Miles' tenure has been extremely underwhelming when it comes to big man recruiting- with a hodgepodge of grad transfers and guys that didn't deserve scholarships to play in the Big Ten.

Reaction Score
I'm not advocating for UConn because he isn't much different than Cobb, but I had a better impression than you guys have.
At Hoophall when he and Spellman were on the court together he looked pretty good, but that was the only time I saw him. He did rebound well and covered ground doing it, and scored. I'm surprised you guys are so down on him but I didn't ever see him play at Nebraska.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom