Nebraska transfer Andrew White | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Nebraska transfer Andrew White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
LOL at the people who said Syracuse's sanctions were harsh and would hurt their recruiting.

Come on. It has clearly hurt them. They had like six players last year (granted, Boeheim has always run a tight bench, but last year he couldn't even afford to take guys out for a minute).

We know what the deal is with this. It's not devastating. You can still win on probation. To say that it doesn't have an effect, though, given what we've seen here, is simply incorrect in my estimation.

Reaction Score
Come on. It has clearly hurt them. They had like six players last year (granted, Boeheim has always run a tight bench, but last year he couldn't even afford to take guys out for a minute).

We know what the deal is with this. It's not devastating. You can still win on probation. To say that it doesn't have an effect, though, given what we've seen here, is simply incorrect in my estimation.

I don't care what their bench depth was. They were hurt so bad, they got to the final four. Imagine what they could do without those horrible sanctions. In the argument of recruiting you have to look at, recruiting. In the last two seasons they got 7 and we got 7 and the quality was about the same. One could argue theirs is better. Same depth. As good or better quality. Sanctions have had little to no effect just as some of us predicted. They are a joke. They got a slap on the wrist. We, for far lesser crimes, got shot in the heart and then, when it was obvious were were still alive, they came back and shot us in the head. No matter how horrible the fate is that karma delivers to Emmert, I will rejoice in his misery and dance on his grave.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I agree Syracuse did not get hurt enough.
But when you state that the #19 recruiting class is as good or better than the #9 recruiting class, you lose your credibility.

Reaction Score
They were hurt so bad, they got to the final four.
Yay! Let's strip the context of them being a 10-seed who lucked into the 2 seed losing to a 15, and then the 3 seed lost to the 11.

They had a mediocre year capped by a great run--a run where, despite being the 10 seed, they wore home colors in the second round and S16.

I'd take a Final Four every year, but that sort of run says nothing about what the sanctions did to them.

Reaction Score
I agree Syracuse did not get hurt enough.
But when you state that the #19 recruiting class is as good or better than the #9 recruiting class, you lose your credibility.
Did I say that? No. Stop making strawmen. Over the last two years our recruiting classes are even and one could argue that Syracuse's is better. Argue against what I actually said.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
In 2015 they got the #35, #64, #77 and #86.

In 2015 we got #23 and #58.

I guess #77 and #86 in 2015 more than made up for for our top two recruits being better in 2015 and our 2016 recruits being better.

Reaction Score
I guess #77 and #86 in 2015 more than made up for for our top two recruits being better in 2015 and our 2016 recruits being better.
No need to guess. Use data. Again, we both got 7 recruits. Their average ranking is 60 and ours is 74. The best argument, in your favor, is to look at the top 5 recruits brought in by both teams. In that scenario, their average recruit ranking was 50 and ours was 48. So, in summary, same number of recruits, UConn had the highest rated recruit of the bunch, Syracuse has the better average rating over all 7 recruits by 14 spots, UConn's top 5 are better than Syracuse's top 5 by 2 spots. Do you honestly see a big difference here? Where is the proof that the sanctions have hurt them? Either the sanctions haven't hurt them or our recruiting has been a bit over hyped. Or the truth could lie somewhere in the middle. Maybe our recruiting has improved, which is a good thing. And maybe Syracuse's recruiting is a little down from where they were, which it should be. But the end result is that our improvement has simply brought us up to the same level as a sanction hampered Syracuse program.

Reaction Score
Andy Katz‏@ESPNAndyKatz4h4 hours ago
Source close to situation says Miami no longer pursuing Nebraska transfer Andrew White. Destination Syracuse? CBB free agency here to stay.

Don Maurice Jackson ‏@dmauricejackson 9h9 hours ago
Hartford's Cleveland "Pancake" Thomas the most recent graduate transfer to be denied a release to transfer and play. #ShermanActviolation

This has taken a strangely long time. Classes start in a matter of days at most places. I wonder if there is something more to this than we're hearing, given Cuse fans have been on pins and needles waiting for an announcement for what seems like (and probably is) a month.

Reaction Score
This has taken a strangely long time. Classes start in a matter of days at most places. I wonder if there is something more to this than we're hearing, given Cuse fans have been on pins and needles waiting for an announcement for what seems like (and probably is) a month.
Last day to register for classes at VCU is August 31. Last day to register for classes at Syracuse is September 6. So a decision should be coming soon

Reaction Score
The fact that he visited SU July 1st and classes at SU start a week from Monday and there hasn't been a commitment yet is weird. I wouldn't be shocked if he goes overseas at this point.

Reaction Score
The fact that he visited SU July 1st and classes at SU start a week from Monday and there hasn't been a commitment yet is weird. I wouldn't be shocked if he goes overseas at this point.

He's waiting for cto to get back from Rio to get the okay and make the close.

Reaction Score
Something is definitely weird with this one. Various internet sources saying he and handlers are problems. I can see him being a chemistry issue someplace. I'm guessing he is telling programs he wants to start and they are telling him he has to earn it. If he wanted to start he should have just stayed at Nebraska. He would have started there and been able to showcase his talents. There may be delusions of grandeur here.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Something is definitely weird with this one. Various internet sources saying he and handlers are problems. I can see him being a chemistry issue someplace. I'm guessing he is telling programs he wants to start and they are telling him he has to earn it. If he wanted to start he should have just stayed at Nebraska. He would have started there and been able to showcase his talents. There may be delusions of grandeur here.
He'd start almost anywhere in the country. There's no way that's the issue

Reaction Score
I don't think he just wants to start. He wants to build his brand and all kinds of things.

Reaction Score
So we aren't involved in this kid's transfer. Probably for the best. Apparently Syracuse is the favorite but he still hasn't "officially" showed up on campus yet and I think classes start next week. Judging from the discussion on their board the VCU board is insufferable about White because they thought they were getting him. Although, they could still be right. There was apparently a "sighting" of him on Syracuse's campus from a friend's second cousin's nephew's brother Maurice.
I think it was best we weren't seriously considered or vice versa with him. Although again, he hasn't shown up anywhere so you never know!

Reaction Score
Fools gold. To all those who think things are going so well for the Cuse, 3 of the 5 starters are transfers. 2017 doesn't look much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom