Nebraska scheduling opportunity????????? | The Boneyard

Nebraska scheduling opportunity?????????

Reaction Score
As most the you know, Nebraska had their much anticipated home opener canceled due to inclement weather. They are absolutely desperate to schedule a makeup game and have an opening on 27 October. We play UMass on the same date. I am wondering if a mutually beneficial settlement between us, Nebraska, and UMass can be reached where we could visit their facility and play them this year? I know this is a little far-fetched. I believe they would be willing to pay a substantial amount ( 3,000,000+) for a one time visit this year or we could negotiate a 2-1, Olympic sports series, or a off-site game in the next few years?

I'm wondering if the deal was worked out if the NCAA would allow us and UMass to play a 13th came later in the season?

Let me know what you think.

Reaction Score
As most the you know, Nebraska had their much anticipated home opener canceled due to inclement weather. They are absolutely desperate to schedule a makeup game and have an opening on 27 October. We play UMass on the same date. I am wondering if a mutually beneficial settlement between us, Nebraska, and UMass can be reached where we could visit their facility and play them this year? I know this is a little far-fetched. I believe they would be willing to pay a substantial amount ( 3,000,000+) for a one time visit this year or we could negotiate a 2-1, Olympic sports series, or a off-site game in the next few years?

I'm wondering if the deal was worked out if the NCAA would allow us and UMass to play a 13th came later in the season?

Let me know what you think.

No, the NCAA would not allow it. It is more than a little far fetched.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Plus, we already stiffed UMass in order to get our ass kicked playing a money game.

Reaction Score
If it means Nebraska plays a future game at the Rent, I'm all for it.

huskiepride

New Kid On the block
Reaction Score
that would be great and awesome, but unlikely and not the best opponent for a team that is just starting its rebuilding process.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom