Nebraska may be looking for a coach | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nebraska may be looking for a coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
His defenses ranked Top 3 Nationally every year he was there and LSU won a National Championship.

What was I thinking? We should throw $2 million at Rob Ambrose.

Honestly, do you think if we wanted to hire Ambrose, that we would pay him that much?

Your posts are funny nonetheless. No thanks on messy seconds with BP.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
His defenses ranked Top 3 Nationally every year he was there and LSU won a National Championship.

What was I thinking? We should throw $2 million at Rob Ambrose.

His defensesactually almost cost LSU the national title. They averaged 40 ppg that year on offense and his soft D gave up 40+ in 2 losses that year. LSU got the luckiest break ever when Walt Harris beat WVU

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Another possible job opening... West Virginia? They were up 31-7 but lost to Iowa State in 3OT, finish 4-8. My point here isn't that UConn would try to get Pelini or Holgorsen, but if those schools have jobs open it'd make it more competitive to lure a Lembo / Narduzzi / Clawson type here.

Reaction Score
Looks like an apologetic Pelini is staying but Holgorsen's seat is very very warm. The bitching about facilities couldn't have won him friends.

and if Narduzzi's defense shuts down Ohio State next Saturday. . . . he probably moves into the Frost-Smart too elite for UConn group. Not a large group, thankfully

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
It's amazing how many people around here are in a hurry to hire people who just got fired.

Reaction Score
Chip Malafronte weighs in with his "Sunday Gravy" rant column:
"...Nebraska football coach Bo Pelini swiped his baseball cap in rage and nearly caught a referee in the face. Afterward, Pelini refused to apologize and defied Nebraska administrators to fire him. He may get his wish. He's also doing a nice job of ensuring his career will be all downhill from here.
It appears grownups in the coaching profession are quickly becoming an endangered species."

Reaction Score
Huskers getting their butts kicked by Iowa, Pelini got a personal foul and was an to the reporter at halftime (understandably). Before the game the talk was he was safe win or lose but the fans seem to be thinking differently. . . .Add: He has a $4.5 million buyout, so he's probably staying unless Warren Buffett wants him gone.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=204&f=4511&t=12401072
This loss to Iowa is not going to cause Pelini to lose his job, IMO he will be at Neb next fall. Iowa has a very underrated team this year and is a tough out for anyone. They came oh so close to beating Ohio State at Columbus and were up 17-10 at the half, I saw the game, Ohio State got lucky and the refs helped too, IMO.

Reaction Score
I hope Bo stays or at least they drag it out until we get our guy. Sure looks like he wants out of Lincoln though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom