Nebraska may be looking for a coach | The Boneyard

Nebraska may be looking for a coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Huskers getting their butts kicked by Iowa, Pelini got a personal foul and was an to the reporter at halftime (understandably). Before the game the talk was he was safe win or lose but the fans seem to be thinking differently. . . .Add: He has a $4.5 million buyout, so he's probably staying unless Warren Buffett wants him gone.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=204&f=4511&t=12401072

Last edited:

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
And nome of the things you mentioned were even close to being his biggest flub. The fake punt from his own 25, down 7, was absolutely ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Aaaand CBS (Spencer Tillman?) says Narduzzi would be a fine candidate at Nebraska (along with Chad Morris of Clemson)

Reaction Score
Aaaand CBS (Spencer Tillman?) says Narduzzi would be a fine candidate at Nebraska (along with Chad Morris of Clemson)

Narduzzi's name is going to pop up w/ most openings I imagine.

Popular sentiment for Neb. has been Scott Frost from Oregon.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Pelini would be a good fit in Storrs.

Reaction Score
In the post game press conference, Pelini basically challanged the administration to fire him. I think he's gone, don't know if that's good or bad for us.

Reaction Score
In the post game press conference, Pelini basically challanged the administration to fire him. I think he's gone, don't know if that's good or bad for us.

Lean to bad. More competition for talent. . . .The Nebraska message board is quite fun to read though. They make Pelini sound like Pasqualoni. The huge buyout is going to be an issue.

Reaction Score
Really now!!!! Do you think Pelini has a dog's chance of even getting an interview for the job.? BE SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Agreed this would be like a rebound marriage for him. I want a coach whose feelings aren't hurt.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Agreed this would be like a rebound marriage for him. I want a coach whose feelings aren't hurt.

I think he's a very good football coach. I have for some time now. But you want the guy coming in to have a passion for being the coach of UConn, rather than the "f#$k you" fallback. Having said that, maybe he would have a chip on his shoulder and something to prove if he came here. Who knows. (Warde, hopefully). I guess this was a long-winded way of me saying that we should at least consider him...

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
I'd take Pelini if Narduzzi gets hired by Nebraska
Take it from an LSU fan, Pelini is a joke. He is one of the biggest bullies around, and a total joke of a head coach. He alienates everyonearound him. Would be a HUGE mistake. HHe'd be cussing out some secratary in tha admissions dept first time recruit didn't get admitted. .

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Take it from an LSU fan, Pelini is a joke. He is one of the biggest bullies around, and a total joke of a head coach. He alienates everyonearound him. Would be a HUGE mistake. HHe'd be cussing out some secratary in tha admissions dept first time recruit didn't get admitted. .

What exactly do you not like about his tenure with LSU?

"In 2005, Pelini was hired by LSU Tigers Head Coach Les Miles, again as defensive coordinator. His success continued, as LSU was ranked 3rd nationally in overall defense for each of his three years with the Tigers. At the conclusion of the 2007 regular season, the LSU Tigers defeated the Tennessee Volunteers 21–14 in the 2007 SEC Championship Game and went on to win 38–24 against the Ohio State Buckeyes, Pelini's alma mater, in the 2008 BCS National Championship Game.[5"

Reaction Score
From what I am told, he is widely disliked in the college football world.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

From what you're told by who, Bitch?

I mean Bitch. Damn it!

BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH

Sorry, BITCH. Must be a BY software bitch.

BITCH! What the..

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
What exactly do you not like about his tenure with LSU?

"In 2005, Pelini was hired by LSU Tigers Head Coach Les Miles, again as defensive coordinator. His success continued, as LSU was ranked 3rd nationally in overall defense for each of his three years with the Tigers. At the conclusion of the 2007 regular season, the LSU Tigers defeated the Tennessee Volunteers 21–14 in the 2007 SEC Championship Game and went on to win 38–24 against the Ohio State Buckeyes, Pelini's alma mater, in the 2008 BCS National Championship Game.[5"
What dont I like? His defenses got worse each year as offenses figured him out and he was a whiny bitch. Trust me, LSU fans and admins were happy to see him go and hewould not be welcomed back. He Iis truly an a s s hole. He played a lot of soft coverges andgave up tonsof thrid downs and late game comebacks with his soft arse defense.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I can't believe your global Pelini sources didn't see that coming, Bitch. Damn it!!!! Son of a Butch!

From what your sources tell me, 27% of all trans-Atlantic, high speed internet cables run through the state of Nebraska. Instead of me butching and moaning to AT&T I say you call in some favors and see why I can't type the name Bitch without you butching.

I'm starting to think this is bigger than both of us. Godspeed my friend.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Back on ignore. Bitch.

I can't believe your global Pelini sources didn't see that coming, Bitch. Damn it!!!! Son of a Butch!
From what your sources tell me, 27% of all trans-Atlantic, high speed internet cables run through the state of Nebraska. Instead of me butching and moaning to AT&T I say you call in some favors and see why I can't type the name Bitch without you butching.
I'm starting to think this is bigger than both of us. Godspeed my friend.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
What dont I like? His defenses got worse each year as offenses figured him out and he was a whiny bitch. Trust me, LSU fans and admins were happy to see him go and hewould not be welcomed back. He Iis truly an a s s hole. He played a lot of soft coverges andgave up tonsof thrid downs and late game comebacks with his soft arse defense.

His defenses ranked Top 3 Nationally every year he was there and LSU won a National Championship.

What was I thinking? We should throw $2 million at Rob Ambrose.

Reaction Score

Wouldn't be surprised. OTOH, Saban isn't exactly beloved -- and neither is Calhoun. And everyone LOVED Pasqualoni.

To succeed at this level being a little chippy helps. Being way, way too chippy is probably going to be Bo's undoing.

Let's settle this now. Pelini to Miss State, Mullen to here. Everybody wins!

Reaction Score
Let's settle this now. Pelini to Miss State, Mullen to here. Everybody wins!

No complaint from me...

darrenrovell9:06am via web
As of this morning, Bo Pelini is owed at least $7.8 million if he is fired ($7.65M buyout + $150,000 bowl bonus)

darrenrovell9:16am via web
Key to Pelini's buyout is mitigation that if Pelini gets another job, Nebraska deducts that amount from buyout.

>> back to reality<<

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Lean to bad. More competition for talent. . . .The Nebraska message board is quite fun to read though. They make Pelini sound like Pasqualoni. The huge buyout is going to be an issue.

Same with the UF Gator fans. They make Muschamp seem like PP. Whacky play calling, indefensible clock management, poor execution, lots of mental mistakes, no run blocking, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom