Nebraska has proven a few things tonight... | The Boneyard

Nebraska has proven a few things tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A weak schedule really pays off rankings wise.

All the media fanboyz that keep predicting the rise of Miami are delusional (see 41-31 Huskers)

You'd better have a really good offensive line (they don't) or a bunch of track stars (see Oregon) to compete with MSU.

This probably wouldn't be the best time for us to be playing MSU in the B1G.

It's starting to look like the gap between the SEC and all the other conferences has actually expanded if that's possible. The PAC has made strides with depth but not so much at the top. B1G is holding steady but with only 1 dominant team at this point. Probably the league with the best overall improvement is the B12 except some close losses to FSU , Auburn kept them from realizing the big win. Finally the ACC has one top team FSU. Clemson Louisville GT and VA don't appear to be a threat inside the top 8 at all. And ECU is looking better and better by comparison while Boise's loss to Ole Miss suddenly improves their sos!

This has been a crazy day (and UCLA still hasn't kicked off vs Utah) but to me the biggest eye opener is the rise of Memphis who dismantled Cincy tonight. Almost beat UCLA this year too. Night and day is an understatement from what we saw last year. Nice job by the coaches and players.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Nebraska is ranked 19th. Everyone understands they aren't that good.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And the Boneyard curse continues. Bury Nebraska and immediately they almost steal the game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I said almost. They might just steal it outright.

I've been killing Nebraska but they are one play from a huge season.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Seriously? I checked back and there was no pulse!

I don't know if you are being sarcastic but Nebraska was a foot away from winning. Kid made a great catch just didnt stay inbounds.

Reaction Score
Crazy ending to this game. MSU ball 27-22 on about the Neb 20 with 1:22 left. Clock running and they call a wide left run? Guy runs from middle of the field kicking spot to out of bounds! Loses yardage AND stops the clock! Of course they miss FG to go up 8. Just a bunch of wacky stuff from about 8 mins to the end. Missed int, PI call in end zone.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Crazy ending to this game. MSU ball 27-22 on about the Neb 20 with 1:22 left. Clock running and they call a wide left run? Guy runs from middle of the field kicking spot to out of bounds! Loses yardage AND stops the clock! Of course they miss FG to go up 8. Just a bunch of wacky stuff from about 8 mins to the end. Missed int, PI call in end zone.

They didn't just miss the FG. It clanged off the upright and out.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hit post crossbar and out! Goalie had it all the way.

It upsets some people here to point it out but Michigan State was -6.5,7,7.5 all week so that mattered to a lot of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom