Nebraska game | The Boneyard

Nebraska game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And for those of us with more basic cable, it's a sports bar with a top-notch TV system.

Reaction Score
Big 10 Network
We need to leverage ourselves a little better. Pathetic that we need to subscribe to BTN to watch UConn. But I'd gladly pay if we were in that league.

Reaction Score
I thought because the B1G took in Rutgers that they were now wired into every household in the Northeast. ??

Reaction Score
I'll be there.

Bummed out that Saniya won't be able to play tho. Probably my one and only chance to see her in person. Hope she comes and at least sits on the bench.
If it's still concussion protocol, they're not supposed to fly

Reaction Score
UConn needs to tell these schools to feed the game to SNY as part of the agreement to play, else we don't. The reverse should be done, as well.

Promote the game, people.

That's not how conf tv deals work. The host school owns the rights and they have been sold in the case of Uconn to SNY/ESPN and in the case of Nebraska they are bundled into BTN. BTN is not going to give away content, the point of these conf network is a massive pool of content. Also, the conf networks allow games to be on that would never get coverage in not only wbball, but also in non marquee sports for men and women. For example, you can essentially watch every mens and womens soccer game, volleyball, baseball, softball, etc. in a conf like SEC , P12, BTN . The benefit of being a P5 with a conf network is added exposure for your non revenue sports that are not normally going to get much tv coverage.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Nebraska?:D
201602_1321_ifcef_sm.jpg

Reaction Score
That's not how conf tv deals work. The host school owns the rights and they have been sold in the case of Uconn to SNY/ESPN and in the case of Nebraska they are bundled into BTN. BTN is not going to give away content, the point of these conf network is a massive pool of content. Also, the conf networks allow games to be on that would never get coverage in not only wbball, but also in non marquee sports for men and women. For example, you can essentially watch every mens and womens soccer game, volleyball, baseball, softball, etc. in a conf like SEC , P12, BTN . The benefit of being a P5 with a conf network is added exposure for your non revenue sports that are not normally going to get much tv coverage.
This is not a conference game, is it out of conference. UConn does the out of conference scheduling, not the conference, so yes, they are in a position to make this demand. If the Big 10 doesn't want to play ball, then they give up a chance to play UConn; plain and simple.

Brinkmanship is a wonderful thing when you are holding the cards.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
This is not a conference game, is it out of conference. UConn does the out of conference scheduling, not the conference, so yes, they are in a position to make this demand. If the Big 10 doesn't want to play ball, then they give up a chance to play UConn; plain and simple.

Brinkmanship is a wonderful thing when you are holding the cards.
I think you are misunderstanding what he is saying. The home team's conference own the TV rights to the game. Since Nebraska is the home team they would have had to sell the rights and I don't see why they would when they play in the B10 and the B10 has their own network. I will say that of all the P5 conferences the BTN is the worst about showcasing women's games.

Reaction Score
The game won't be worth watching if you want any drama. Nebraska lost to Creighton the other day.

Blow Out City, BABY!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Massey is showing UConn should win by 45 points. Prior to the season, I thought Nebraska would be a good team. Surprised to see that they're 7-4. However should be a great crowd and you do have to play the game. Maybe Geno won't have to play his starters 35+ minutes in this game.

Reaction Score
That's nice when they play a D3 school, but not when the circus comes to town. We should include our own coverage as part of the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom