Nebraska Game Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Nebraska Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Nice win, but Nebraska is not a good team. We better clean up all the missed uncontested layups. We won't get away with those against Maryland, assuming we get the opportunity to make some against them.
Especially Nurse.

Reaction Score
Gabby Williams minutes are now 28.5. Seeing how we don't have very many tough games left, do some of you think that if she averages around 27-28 minutes a game, that is too much for her?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
That was really fun - not quite the post game style from TN, but it is cool that some young guys are caring enough to do this I suspect after each game - and they know their basketball.

Loved the fact that the crowd gave a standing ovation at the end of the game - respect from Nebraska - hope their coach can built a team worthy of their fans!

The Nebraska women's volleyball team has a following so rabid that it almost defies belief, and they are far and away the nation's attendance leaders in that sport. Some of that has spilled over to the WBB program. Connie Yori had quite a few successful years — including one season when they went without a loss until very late in the season — and they are ready to support another successful team.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Missed layup and then didn't close out on 3 pt shot is going to earn Dangerfield a trip to the old dog house.

Yup, she didn't play in the second half. Only 8 minutes tonight.

Reaction Score
Collier not getting much lift on her jumpers in the first half. Or inside on layups. That's what tired legs do. We'll see what happens in the second.
She has a relatively flat jumper anyway.

Reaction Score
The Nebraska women's volleyball team has a following so rabid that it almost defies belief, and they are far and away the nation's attendance leaders in that sport. Some of that has spilled over to the WBB program. Connie Yori had quite a few successful years — including one season when they went without a loss until very late in the season — and they are ready to support another successful team.
I think the B1G has some big women's volleyball programs with good followings: Nebraska, Penn State, and I think Minnesota too. Somehow a sport that one typically associates with being played on a beach has caught on in middle America.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Why were Napheesa and Gabby in there at the end, and Pheesa taking a jumper? Shouldn't they have been resting?

Actually I was wondering why Gabby played only 21 minutes (missed a D/D by 1 rebound). Is Geno seeing that she especially among the starters needs more rest?

Reaction Score
Actually I was wondering why Gabby played only 21 minutes (missed a D/D by 1 rebound). Is Geno seeing that she especially among the starters needs more rest?
It seems to depend on the starter. Gabby has knees like Tuck, so hopefully she can get some rest, while Lou and Kia don't ever seem to be out for very long.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Gabby was smart - she knew that the bench was going to play some serious minutes so she picked up a few silly fouls and Geno was forced to sit her down for a bit, and then with the score well in hand, he just let her stay there. :cool:

I was thinking during the game that Kia and Lou were being really stupid - should have committed a few more fouls and they could have started Christmas break early! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Nice sequence there, Chong steal, missed shot, rebound Bent, passed to Butler for the jumper

Love to see these players get involved, play meaningful minutes and contribute. We will definitely need them at points in the season as our bench is short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom