Nebraska football earns its way into heaven | The Boneyard

Nebraska football earns its way into heaven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I posted this on the football board, but it's really worth re-posting here.

Nebraska invited a seven-year old boy who has been undergoing chemo for a brain tumor to attend their spring game as their guest. And then they put him in uniform and put him on the sideline. And then, they let him play...

If you read the official statistics from the game, little Jack Hoffman was the game's leading rusher.

For all the ugly stuff in college sports - the NCAA, teams that wear orange, the entire SEC and Steve Lavin's hair - it really is capable of some of the most remarkable moments.

Reaction Score

Nebraska invited a seven-year old boy who has been undergoing chemo for a brain tumor to attend their spring game as their guest. And then they put him in uniform and put him on the sideline. And then, they let him play...

If you read the official statistics from the game, little Jack Hoffman was the game's leading rusher.

For all the ugly stuff in college sports - the NCAA, teams that wear orange, the entire SEC and Steve Lavin's hair - it really is capable of some of the most remarkable moments.

Who hacked into Fishy's account? The real Fishy would be complaining that the defense didn't even try to tackle the kid. The quip about Lavin's hair is Fishyish, but I think that's just to stop us from being suspicious.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Who hacked into Fishy's account? The real Fishy would be complaining that the defense didn't even try to tackle the kid. The quip about Lavin's hair is Fishyish, but I think that's just to stop us from being suspicious.

Schiano would have had the kid tackled for a loss. Rice would have thrown a basketball at him for breaking the wrong way on the snap.

Just wait until I lose a few more marbles and then you can get some PR points by letting me pitch in a softball game or something - not sure a deranged guy throwing softballs at coeds will generate the warm fuzzies that the Nebraska story did, but I'm willing to try.

Reaction Score

Cute. Great story.

The Nebraska Spring Game will always hold a special place in my heart.
Nine years ago, I attended this scrimmage with my brother in law (he died in 2008). We had a blast bar hopping in Lincoln. We wound up in a bar partying with a former NFL linebacker(300+ lbs.) who played for the Cornhuskers, a former college hoops player (6'8"), my brother in law (6'3", 250), and myself (5'3"). I got smashed trying to keep up with my brother in law.:p

Reaction Score
PS: That team that wears orange, will never earn it's way into heaven. Even if they try to imitate the Cornhuskers, there is still a nice, toasty fire awaiting them.......

Reaction Score
By the way, those announcers sucked. In the most monotone of voices: "Wow. That was a moment right there."

They certainly could have used Fishy.

Reaction Score

Beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer