Nebraska arena - is it possible why we didn't shoot well? | The Boneyard

Nebraska arena - is it possible why we didn't shoot well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
I just thought the whole team shot so poorly from 3, it was uncharacteristic of our team, every player struggled. Was it bad sight lines, tight rims, or just off nights. One men's game I recall the players shooting poorly at one end and they said the monitors were distracting them when they were shooting.

I'm hoping that it was the arena and not the team!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I just thought the whole team shot so poorly from 3, it was uncharacteristic of our team, every player struggled. Was it bad sight lines, tight rims, or just off nights. One men's game I recall the players shooting poorly at one end and they said the monitors were distracting them when they were shooting.

I'm hoping that it was the arena and not the team!
Moriah still shot extremely well, but I agree on the general statement - as Geno has said, shooting can be contagious. I also wondered about the arena as we also shot much worse at one end than at the other, and the other teams had the same issues at the same end. Could be. Or it could just be hotel beds or putting the wrong shoe on first or karma.
Just hope that whatever it was, it isn't the same in Nashville.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Moriah still shot extremely well, but I agree on the general statement - as Geno has said, shooting can be contagious. I also wondered about the arena as we also shot much worse at one end than at the other, and the other teams had the same issues at the same end. Could be. Or it could just be hotel beds or putting the wrong shoe on first or karma.
Just hope that whatever it was, it isn't the same in Nashville.
Thanks, just wanted to see if anyone else had noticed that as well - the right side iirc

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The second game was a respectable 7/18 for 39% as a team.

The BYU game was a miserable 3 for 19 or 15.7%

Reaction Score
I've said it before. In all the games played there, the rim at the visitors side of the court - where UConn was shooting in both first halves - seemed to be very tight. They were not friendly to any team shooting at that end. Doesn't explain the defensive lapses, for sure. But the ball bounced a little higher on missed shots off the rim than usual. Does that explain every missed shot? Probably not. But it was pretty consistent in all three games I saw in Lincoln.

That's my story, and I am sticking to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom