Neat view of Athletic FCS/FBS Conferences | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Neat view of Athletic FCS/FBS Conferences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When did UMass move to Connecticut? I must have missed that.
MAC.jpeg

Reaction Score
Carrying Greenville is like carrying Torrington or something.

I lived in Greenville (population 80k +/-) for about 4 years. About 25% of the people care about ECU. The other 75% are dook/unc/state fans (mostly unc). Also, ECU has zero reach outside of gville.

UCONN, on the other hand, is THE TEAM in all of CT (population 2+ mil), and is a national name.

So yes....torrington is a good comparison. maybe waterbury would be better. :)

Reaction Score
I was there once for a game. Pretty impressive, the game at least, not the town.

I lived in Greenville (population 80k +/-) for about 4 years. About 25% of the people care about ECU. The other 75% are dook/unc/state fans (mostly unc). Also, ECU has zero reach outside of gville.

UCONN, on the other hand, is THE TEAM in all of CT (population 2+ mil), and is a national name.

Reaction Score
It's about 75% of the whole Hartford metro area. We have a much better reach beyond the immediate market.

I'm surprised it is even 75%.

But I still like ECU since it ups the conference's redneck factor since that seems to be a big deal in the college football street cred game.

Reaction Score
I

s that the new logo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104