Neat view of Athletic FCS/FBS Conferences | The Boneyard

Neat view of Athletic FCS/FBS Conferences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Love looking at the B1G map and envisioning UConn and UVA. Virtual dominance of the football landscape from Nebraska through the midwest to New England and all the way down the NYC, Philly, Balt/Wash corridor. The big cities that the B1G would control are impressive. Just start with NYC/NJ, Chicago, Philly, DC, Detroit and then a large bunch of second tier (Hartford-like) cities also. Oh to dream.

Reaction Score
Eh...not such a cool thing once you get to the Big East view haha

Reaction Score
Was thinking how silly the Big12 map looked with WVU as the outlier. Then I saw the Big East map....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah. I was going to say the same thing.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Meh. It is better than having SDst as an outlier. At least now if you fold the map in half all of the schools are on the eastern half of the country.

Reaction Score
Love looking at the B1G map and envisioning UConn and UVA. Virtual dominance of the football landscape from Nebraska through the midwest to New England and all the way down the NYC, Philly, Balt/Wash corridor. The big cities that the B1G would control are impressive. Just start with NYC/NJ, Chicago, Philly, DC, Detroit and then a large bunch of second tier (Hartford-like) cities also. Oh to dream.

What you say is true but those in the know say the B1G has eyes for Georgia Tech and North Carolina (because those two obviously make so much sense).

Reaction Score
Was thinking how silly the Big12 map looked with WVU as the outlier. Then I saw the Big East map....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Yet there are those that think tacking Ga Tech onto the B1G makes perfect sense.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Yet there are those that think tacking Ga Tech onto the B1G makes perfect sense.

Did B1G take Nebraska because of the Omaha or Lincoln TV markets? Or because Nebraska borders Iowa?

Do you think B1G would take Texas if Texas wanted in despite geographic isolation?

I'm certainly not suggesting UNC possesses Texas-like clout, but while market expansion is B1G's primary confernce expansion goal, I do think other factors play in. National Brand being one.

If UNC were to call Delaney today and ask in, Delaney would immediately ask to where should fly for tomorrow's press conference.

Reaction Score
BUMP ...

This Feed of Conference Schools on a Map actually keeps up in real-time. Almost can see App State jump from the Southern Conference to the Sun Belt. Our day will come ... and we all can celebrate.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
gtbUueoh.png

Reaction Score
How are San Diego and Marist in the same football conference? Why can't we join the PAC 12 again?

Reaction Score
That's what happens when Fishy is the Commishioner. He's hot a Marist-centric world.

Reaction Score
How are San Diego and Marist in the same football conference? Why can't we join the PAC 12 again?

The Pioneer Football League is a single-sport, non-scholarship league. So it is more or less a marriage of convenience. San Diego joined in the league's second year (when it was primarily a Midwestern-centric league), and Marist joined when the MAAC axed football about five years ago.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The Pioneer Football League is a single-sport, non-scholarship league. So it is more or less a marriage of convenience. San Diego joined in the league's second year (when it was primarily a Midwestern-centric league), and Marist joined when the MAAC axed football about five years ago.

Their bowl tie in rivals the Big East. Pioneer League versus NEC. Central played Butler a few years ago in the 'Big Game'.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see a map that highlights the USA's TV markets and what teams/conferences fall in them. I'd be real curious as to how the new conference would stack up because I feel, given a few years to improve athletics and facilities, this new league just might surprise a lot of folks as long as they stick together and focus on a common goal. Now everyone is gonna say bahhh, that's a pipe dream.... your as delusional as anyone thinking this could possibly work but..... look at where these teams are located. If you give some of these teams a few years to get it together, they are already in prime time land just waiting for the next big TCU, Boise St or Oregon story to happen. If it can happen in Boise it can happen in Dallas, or Storrs, or Memphis, or Cincinatti, or Orlando, or Houston, or .... people are in those places, they just need a team to capture their imagination.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'd like to see a map that highlights the USA's TV markets and what teams/conferences fall in them. I'd be real curious as to how the new conference would stack up because I feel, given a few years to improve athletics and facilities, this new league just might surprise a lot of folks as long as they stick together and focus on a common goal. Now everyone is gonna say bahhh, that's a pipe dream.... your as delusional as anyone thinking this could possibly work but..... look at where these teams are located. If you give some of these teams a few years to get it together, they are already in prime time land just waiting for the next big TCU, Boise St or Oregon story to happen. If it can happen in Boise it can happen in Dallas, or Storrs, or Memphis, or Cincinatti, or Orlando, or Houston, or .... people are in those places, they just need a team to capture their imagination.

Ok. Look at the priority in the cities.

Phili - maybe third
Dallas - maybe fourth
Houston - maybe fourth
New Orleans - maybe tenth
DC - maybe third
Cincinnati - maybe second
Tampa - maybe third
Memphis - maybe fifth
Tulsa - maybe third

There are two places the league carries. Greenville and Hartford.

Collecting a bunch of teams near big cities that nobody gives a damn about does not work in the long run.

There are 10 teams that have no chance of making a dent in their market within a decade. The league has no upward mobility. They can fill out a conference schedule but they got no television money for a pretty obvious reason.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
HOLD THE PHONE. There are no schools located in the state of Ohio in the Ohio Valley Conference!?!?!?

Reaction Score
Ok. Look at the priority in the cities.

Phili - maybe third
Dallas - maybe fourth
Houston - maybe fourth
New Orleans - maybe tenth
DC - maybe third
Cincinnati - maybe second
Tampa - maybe third
Memphis - maybe fifth
Tulsa - maybe third

There are two places the league carries. Greenville and Hartford.

Collecting a bunch of teams near big cities that nobody gives a damn about does not work in the long run.

There are 10 teams that have no chance of making a dent in their market within a decade. The league has no upward mobility. They can fill out a conference schedule but they got no television money for a pretty obvious reason.
lol...us carrying a major market is good, no?

Reaction Score
Carrying Greenville is like carrying Torrington or something.

Reaction Score
Carrying Greenville is like carrying Torrington or something.
It's about 75% of the whole Hartford metro area. We have a much better reach beyond the immediate market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom