Ndour kicked out | The Boneyard

Ndour kicked out

Reaction Score
I guess she touched ref but what a Mickey Mouse ejection. I almost stopped watching the game. I will have my eye on ref 43 for future poor decisions. I think what really got me was how emphatic he was.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I guess she touched ref but what a Mickey Mouse ejection. I almost stopped watching the game. I will hsve my eye on ref 43 for future poor decisions. I think what really got me was how emphatic he was.

What really bothered me was the absolute rage on his face. That is not the temperament a ref should have.

Reaction Score
On the longer replay version it looked like he looked at her to check where she was and then continued to walk right into her outstretched arm. Questionable is the best possible reading on that. Heck, I’ve seen Dee slap officials’ bums with more force than this.

Reaction Score
On the longer replay version it looked like he looked at her to check where she was and then continued to walk right into her outstretched arm. Questionable is the best possible reading on that. Heck, I’ve seen Dee slap officials’ bums with more force than this.
That’s how I saw it as well. As a ref, you need to make a judgment call. Was this worth this strong a reaction? I understand you want to protect refs but this was incidental and partly the ref’s fault for being distracted. This was an important game for Sky. Tossing out the player who was in for a player out for season with injury could have affected the playoff picture.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I can't get a clear screenshot from League Pass, but yeah, he is looking straight at her and then turns to talk to Quigley. It was some sort of macho power trip I guess. Where he decided to walk right at her and eject her if she doesn't move.
1567990793853.png

This came immediately after Cheyenne Parker got a tech for coming off the bench to protest the non-call when Ndour was hacked under the basket.

I don't know if this ref (Kevin Fahy) has a problem with the Sky or if he is always terrible at his job.

He was also one of the refs on this game - Sky coach James Wade says Aces star Liz Cambage was ‘protected by the refs’

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
After watching a clip of this several times, I can't help but think of Leslie Nielsen going undercover as an MLB plate umpire in the movie "Naked Gun." So over the top, and so all about me. In the movie it was comedic, here it's just sad.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Oh, and this ref also inspired this exchange in a game where he somehow had both teams mad at him:

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Hopefully with the regular season over his season is over too.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Does Ndour have to sit the next game due to the ejection??

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
What about Quigley? It certainly looked like she touched him even more so and from the rear. This guy has certainly made a name for himself. Hopefully he's done with the WNBA.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Glad it was 'corrected' but I sure as heck hope he isnt back next season. I'm sorry but that is the definition of a power trip.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I’m just glad the W is garnering some mainstream media attention for something other than on-court brawls and off-court violence.

Maybe this is the marketing angle they’ve needed all along. If there’s anything that can unite sports fans of all persuasions under a single umbrella, it’s outrage at bad officiating. Send #43 a muffin basket.

Reaction Score
I wrote League and suggested they look at Boneyard response.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Not much to add except to echo a few things - looks like she was pointing to her arm and looking over at the bench or scorer's table, or maybe trying to explain to him that she got hacked on the arm. He walked into her and lost his $#!t. You'd think he just stepped on an scorpion or some other horrifying incident, not just walking into a player's arm. Maybe he needs glasses to see where he's going???

Reaction Score
All credit to the league for taking swift action. I remember my uncle was pitching in a fast pitch softball game. First pitch. Beautiful strike. "Ball one," said ump. My uncle came off mound and glared. Next pitch. Another beautiful strike. "Ball two," cried ump. My uncle, nicknamed Punch from his Golden Gloves days, was ten feet off rubber, nostrils flared. His third basemen held him back. Next pitch. Another obvious strike. Punch was at home plate in a second. Ump turned to batter. "It was a ball, wasn't it?" he pleaded. "No," said batter. "All three were strikes. I didn't swing because I was counting on you making bad calls." Punch snarled. Ump walked off the field. Announcer asked if another ump was in stands. There was and game continued. Batter popped up to first sacker on next pitch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom