ND vs FS | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ND vs FS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Well, not exactly pretty but seeing this out without Turner or Westbeld. Hope Westbeld's ankle is ok. Looks like she tripped over someone and turned it.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
FSU played a tough 2nd half but again, without Turner and Westbeld - talk about a mostly guard lineup. Looks like Maybrey and Ogunbowale are really coming into their own - and against good competition. Add in the kid who was injured this year (Patberg?) and the crew coming in next year and ND should remain right at the very top (IMHO along with Baylor, UCONN, Texas and possibly SC and L'ville)...

Reaction Score
Is Muffet really saying that Lindsay Allen is the best point guard in the country and that Breanna Turner is the best player in the country?
I'm big on coaches supporting their players, but I sense there's some underlying anger there. And after Geno gave her that birthday present!

Reaction Score
If this is the second best team in the country an eleventh NC shouldn't be too tough.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Is Muffet really saying that Lindsay Allen is the best point guard in the country and that Breanna Turner is the best player in the country?
I'm big on coaches supporting their players, but I sense there's some underlying anger there. And after Geno gave her that birthday present!

Even I roll my eyes at that stuff. I wouldn't take it seriously.

Reaction Score

I heard that. Really, Muffet? Seriously?

Reaction Score
If this is the second best team in the country an eleventh NC shouldn't be too tough.
I don't think you can make comparisons when they play other teams. Last time they met it was pretty competitive at Storrs, ND didn't have Turner (okay, okay, right: so they got better guard play). I do think UConn has improved more since (Gabby, Napheesa, and esp. Lou), but the NC will be played in Indianapolis. Right now, I wouldn't give an Irish fan more than 8 points on the bet.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I heard that. Really, Muffet? Seriously?
I don't want to start the fight so early (sure, I do!), but it kind of reminds me of Muffet's amazing outburst before the 2014 NC, when she just went off (okay, Geno did bait her brilliantly with that tweet). These claims are so nuts that it makes me wonder whether this doesn't reveal that slight separation between Muffet and Geno: that Geno is far the better psychologist.

Reaction Score
we're talking about this in the ND vs FS thread. maybe combine?

Reaction Score
Well, you can't take that literally. Lindsay is good to very good. Moriah is a cut above everyone else.
I disagree with this very reasonable assessment. I think it makes Muffet look silly. All she has to say is that Lindsay is among the best point guards, and that Breanna is among the best players.....Making those absolute statements against the national consensus is feisty and pugnacious almost for its own sake, which is precisely how Geno likes to bate her (his sly tweet before the 14 NC game that through her into a deep spin).

Reaction Score
If she said that about someone who was not on her team, it would be a stupid quote. Anytime a coach compliments her own player when talking to the media, it is anything but stupid.
Yes and No.
If she says Allen is good, great, excellent point guard. This is yes.
If she says Allen is the best point guard in the country. That is stupid.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I disagree with this very reasonable assessment. I think it makes Muffet look silly. All she has to say is that Lindsay is among the best point guards, and that Breanna is among the best players.....Making those absolute statements against the national consensus is feisty and pugnacious almost for its own sake, which is precisely how Geno likes to bate her (his sly tweet before the 14 NC game that through her into a deep spin).
She's talking up her players, which is reasonable. But if she really thinks that, she IS delusional. I think that Muffet gets pissy about UConn. I agree that the statement is silly. I'm not sure that Lindsay Allen is a top-5 PG.

Reaction Score
Yes and No.
If she says Allen is good, great, excellent point guard. This is yes.
If she says Allen is the best point guard in the country. That is stupid.
It's like if I said the sky was green. I could say it, and I might even really believe it, but everyone else on the planet knows that it's not true.

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
I won't repeat here what I yelled at my tv when I heard that nonsense!

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
Okay, my head has finally stopped spinning. Can Muffet say she has "the best player (Brianna Turner) in the country on the blocks" with some veracity because Stewie is not really a post player? I do see some wiggle room here.

Reaction Score
Indianapolis again? Seems like the final four is there every few years. What's so great about Indianapolis in early April? Or any time of year for that matter?

Reaction Score
9650d90f2fb8633cd5f548df903bb172.jpg

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Indianapolis again? Seems like the final four is there every few years. What's so great about Indianapolis in early April? Or any time of year for that matter?

Great amateur sports city. Lots of convention space and hotels. Compact downtown.

Reaction Score
I have no problem with the ND coach hyping her own players. She might even believe it.

She does seem to get a little tense as the tournament approaches. But, she'll be fine after she picks up her annual participation trophy at the final four.

Reaction Score
Near enough for ND to bring their refs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr