ND vs Akron | The Boneyard

ND vs Akron

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
ND up big 55-34 over Akron with about 15 mins left in the game.

Reaction Score
Hard to tell if they looked as bad as I thought they did or was it a combo of the ineptitude of whoever produces video for their website. The whole game was filmed at court level from underneath the goal posts. Possessions would go by that you wouldn't even see the ball. All you would see were the backs of a couple players on defense. Cameras didn't even get the field goal in the shot. Sometimes you'd see the bottom of the net.More often I'd see the refs jersey and nothing else. Anyhow, it was an unforced turnover fest. Diggins, Peters, and Mallory the main culprits. Mallory I'll excuse since she hadn't even been practicing since her injury in the exhibition game. She played 22 mins. Peters t.o. came in a flurry at the beginning of the game, but she eventually calmed down and played well. Diggins just looked like she was pushing it, trying to make to much happen. Seemed to be a lack of rhythm. McBride, Miller, and Wright played well. Thought one of the refs looked familiar and checked the box score and it listed Linda Miles. I'm assuming it's one in the same as the former Rutgers player.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I could watch the ND... angle wasnt great.

The Texas/Stanford view was GREAT

Reaction Score
I could watch the ND... angle wasnt great.

The Texas/Stanford view was GREAT

Turns out the angle is bad because it's a direct link to the video board inside the arena. Makes sense now. Kept telling yelling at the laptop that the cameras under the baskets are only for replays and highlights...which is exactly what they were. ND's SID messaged that they are aware and working on a fix for online viewing.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
A total of 73 turnovers in the game. These early games do not produce pretty basketball.

Reaction Score
ND only had 1 exhibition where multiple players were out. MM said in tele-conference that she had combos on the floor that have never played together. Again, the vast majority were Diggins, Peters, and Mallory. A ton of extra passes under the basket were they should have just shot the ball. Diggins commented that she thinks they were trying to win last years championship in their first game. ND forced 46 to, second most in program history.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Turns out the angle is bad because it's a direct link to the video board inside the arena. Makes sense now. Kept telling yelling at the laptop that the cameras under the baskets are only for replays and highlights...which is exactly what they were. ND's SID messaged that they are aware and working on a fix for online viewing.
meant to say "couldn't watch"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger