ND-UConn 2015 National Championship Game Thread | Page 15 | The Boneyard

ND-UConn 2015 National Championship Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lots of credit to Notre Dame, and pretty classy by Muffet not to drag out a lost game out with constant fouls and timeouts.

Reaction Score
10 and 0 in the NC is unbelievable. Imagine if you're a gambler, and you double up on your last dollar ten times in a roll? I can't even phantom the end amount but I'm sure it would be in the million. :eek:
So, next year, if we have to face ND again in the final or even the semi-final, do ya feel lucky?

Reaction Score
Lots of credit to Notre Dame, and pretty classy by Muffet not to drag out a lost game out with constant fouls and timeouts.
They should have kept playing. The odds of winning were slim, but crazy things have happened with a minute left. These teams all practice being down 8 or 10 with a minute left.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Nurse shooting ain't gonna cut it. ND will take that all night.

I think she played darn good tonight. Not great shooting % but nobody did tonight. She hit a few big shots at big times. Diving for balls Solid D. She's a champ in my book!

Reaction Score
If I never see Dee Cantner I will be the happiest person in Connecticut. Amazing that we could do what Wisconsin couldn't do last night- overcome terrible officiating.

I thought the officiating was equal for both sides. Can't ask for much more than that.

Reaction Score
HoopsFan21 said:
They should have kept playing. The odds of winning were slim, but crazy things have happened with a minute left. These teams all practice being down 8 or 10 with a minute left.

Plus we had three one-and-ones coming, for a team not used to shooting pressure foul shots. Make us shoot them. Gamble on some steals - who knows. Get it to five and anything can happen - we could get the yips. We lost to Duke once in similar circumstances (more time, but larger deficit) when we got the yips and that was with Taurasi.

I was really puzzled that they stopped playing with a minute left.

Last edited:

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Plus we had three one-and-ones coming, for a team not used to shooting pressure foul shots. Make us shoot them. Gamble on some steals - who knows. Get it to five and anything can happen - we could get the yips. We lost to Duke once in similar circumstances (more time, but larger deficit) when we got the yips and that was with Taurasi.

I was really puzzled that they stopped playing with a minute left.

No, she has played Geno teams enough to know once it passed a 2 possessions they were done. I applaud her for not dragging out the game as so many coaches do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom