ND treating Virginia and Missouri treating Auburn like they are a top 4 team | The Boneyard

ND treating Virginia and Missouri treating Auburn like they are a top 4 team

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I titled the thread that way because here's what happened in those 2 games:

ND jumped out to a 16 point lead in the 1st quarter, and was outscored by 2 the rest of the game (that means for the remaining 3 quarters, they were "beaten" by 2 points)

Mizzou jumped out to a 12 point lead in the 1st quarter and then was outscored by 4 for the remaining 3 quarters.

I bring this up because UVA is unranked and 16-10. HARDLY a top 25 team, never mind a top 4 team like L'ville. Auburn is dreadful at 13-12 overall.

I may be beating a dead horse a bit, but I wanted to point out that other top teams can also "struggle" after a hot 1st quarter with teams that are far less talented than the L'ville team we just beat (the same L'ville team that destroyed ND by the way...)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
On the opposite end of the spectrum, Louisville trailed Boston College 23-12 after 1Q and outscored them by 46 over the final 3 quarters.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I left after the first three quarters to take a phone call but I assure you ND was firmly on "cruise control" after thoroughly whipping UVA in Q1. Which is exactly the point. Hanging on the fact that the losing team "won" the final three quarters is foolish.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I don't mean to put a damper on your ND assertation because they beat down Virginia but Virginia at 9-3 was vastly over their head. They played an easy first half ACC schedule and now have lost 3 of 4 with UMiami, Louisville and Wake Forest left. They will lose two of those and maybe all 3.

That said, ND is a worthy top 5 seed, right where they are. Louisville is rightfully ranked 1 spot better due to their win over ND. Mizzou has Tenn at home and goes to Texas A&M. Tenn just lost at home to Alabama for the first time ever...Holly continues to set new records at Tennessee...:D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom