ND starts league play with Uconn | The Boneyard

ND starts league play with Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
That would be a good game for Sierra to come see. Since she's already been offered by ND, she'll get a birds-eye view of what life would be like on both sides of the court. Hopefully she realizes 4 years of being smacked around by UCONN wouldn't be any fun if she were attending ND...

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I still say, Uconn will prevail, perhaps all 3,4, 5 times they meet but ND's profusion of talented, sharpshooting guards will give us and everyone else fits. T'won't be a cakewalk.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I really like our chances with Sierra because its always been UConn with her and her dad. Saniya would be close to home and that is important to her and her family. However so is playtime.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I still say, Uconn will prevail, perhaps all 3,4, 5 times they meet but ND's profusion of talented, sharpshooting guards will give us and everyone else fits. T'won't be a cakewalk.
Cakewalk? No. But ND lost a TON last year to graduation. 3 starters in Novasel, Peters and Mallory (I think). And the class they have coming in is really good, but not in the same category as UCONN's freshman class. I'd be shocked if ND kept it to within 10 vs. UCONN. realistically, I see us beating them by 15-20 every time we play next year.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I don't see you guys playing ND more then 2 times this season, I think there are a couple teams that will most likely pass them this season as the #2 team in the BE.

I also think this is the last year that you guys play twice.

Reaction Score
I don't see you guys playing ND more then 2 times this season, I think there are a couple teams that will most likely pass them this season as the #2 team in the BE.

I also think this is the last year that you guys play twice.

Would Rutgers be one of those teams? I'm pretty sure Louisville is the other team.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Would Rutgers be one of those teams? I'm pretty sure Louisville is the other team.

You would be correct on both accounts. Rutgers & Louisville.

Reaction Score
ND's BE schedule is very favorable to them this season. They host all the BE contenders in South Bend. Only UConn's talent negates that. ND's '13 recruiting class currently includes 2/5 of the U17 World Champions starting line-up with a 3rd in Greenwell still a real possibility. Add that to the current roster and this years frosh and the rest of the leagues talent will keep them closest to UConn. The BE will keep ND and UConn as match-ups because the brand/type of basketball they play and the marquee players surpass what any other BE team can offer. Louisville is still mainly just an expectation and no one...and by "no one" I mean non-Rutgers fans...wants to watch what they put out on the court.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
That would be a good game for Sierra to come see. Since she's already been offered by ND, she'll get a birds-eye view of what life would be like on both sides of the court. Hopefully she realizes 4 years of being smacked around by UCONN wouldn't be any fun if she were attending ND...

As a player at UConn all of her friends and family in the New York area would have a bird's-eye view of her entire playing career on SNY.

Reaction Score
I could not be less scared of Notre Dame this year - they were barely better last year, and lost their only real advantages (Peters to the WNBA, Novosel getting ridiculous calls from the refs).

Notre Dame might have a chance in South Bend...at keeping the game within single digits. Maybe.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I believe they wil play somewhere between 27 and 31 times this year. Or at least it will seem that way.....
for them!

Reaction Score
I could not be less scared of Notre Dame this year - they were barely better last year, and lost their only real advantages (Peters to the WNBA, Novosel getting ridiculous calls from the refs).

Notre Dame might have a chance in South Bend...at keeping the game within single digits. Maybe.

Maybe if they had Michael Jordan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog