ND/South Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Turner = BEAST down the road.

Reaction Score
Man. My heart goes out to the South Carolina program. Great game, great season, and good luck next year. Looking forward to seeing this program in the hunt again next year.

Reaction Score
I was amazed how poorly fundamentally Notre Dame was down the stretch. I thought Loyd was awful, forcing shots and playing totally out of control. They can only play better because they almost let South Carolina win a game that they had no business winning. Notre Dame mistake after mistake after mistake. Exciting but definitely not the way Final Four basketball should be played.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Do either of these teams scare us?

In my view, the key is whether Moriah, Breanna, and even KML to a lesser extent, can give us more than they did on December 5. If they do, I think ND can't overcome the 18-point loss with Turner being available to play.

But ND is not to be taken lightly. Nor is Maryland, for that matter. We gotta take this actively!

Reaction Score
Classic OVERCOACHING..NO TIMEOUT..their best player had the ball and the Def was not set..then Staley calls timeout and def gets set. Sometimes, most, at the end game Helter Skelter, just let em play but no..I am the smarter than life coach!

Reaction Score
Wilson is a good midrange shooter...Turner didn't seem to have that shot today, but she is a superlative player around the rim...

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
It was going to be a heartbreaker for somebody. ND would have been rocked if they lost after leading nearly the entire game.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
ND got out of jail. Massive collapse there but got away with it. Classic Cable hustle play I'm a huge spot.

Whew.

That last foul call on Turner was atrocious.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
If they play on Tuesday the way they did just now, no.
Agreed if they play UConn (assuming we win) like they played SCar, UConn wins byt double digits... again.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Man. My heart goes out to the South Carolina program. Great game, great season, and good luck next year. Looking forward to seeing this program in the hunt again next year.

It would have been better for them to have lost by 20 than the way they did...... this is gonna stick with them for a long long long long long long time :(

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
What a great first game. This will most likely be the only competitive game this weekend. Both of these teams are going to be extremely dangerous in future seasons. I don't think Turner played a great game, but she still finished with 17/8/3 blocks. If she develops a mid range jumper or back to the basket game, she will be incredible. That last foul call on her was just awful, I can't believe they whistled her for her 5th when Coates tripped over her feet.

Taya Reimer was outstanding today. Great face up game, she has improved immensely from earlier this year and is living up to her billing as a top recruit.

Wilson looked really good today. I think she is best suited at the 4, but I'd like to see her play a little more on the perimeter, she is capable of driving to the basket, hitting midrange, and finishing inside.

Coates can be a monster inside, she just needs to bring it every night. She was awful from the line after shooting very well in the regionals.

Loyd had her ups and downs but overall had a pretty solid game. She'll need to take better shots against UCONN. Allen struggled, Mabrey looked awful in the first half but played well in the 2nd. Doris kept saying she had 5 first half turnovers which was not accurate BTW.

Welch really played her heart out in the 2nd half. This will be a big loss for South Carolina and she brings a ton of energy to their lineup.

Notre Dame will need a much better game to compete with UCONN, but hats off to Muffet for 4 title game appearances in 5 years.

Reaction Score
Seemed like this game was more a silly loss for South Carolina and less a victory for Notre Dame. Really would have like South Carolina in the final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom