ND Post Game Press Conference | The Boneyard

ND Post Game Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some nice compliments for Tuck and Stokes in this one.

Reaction Score
Turner would have made a difference. Imagine if UConn hadn't turned the ball over twenty-four times and Moriah had somewhat resembled herself.

Reaction Score
Turner would have made a difference. Imagine if UConn hadn't turned the ball over twenty-four times and Moriah had somewhat resembled herself.
Yeah that's why I don't like to get into "what ifs." UConn could have won this game by 30 just by making the bunnies and free throws. I mean, this game really could have gotten out of hand. ND is lucky to only have lost by 18.

Reaction Score
Missing 2 assassins McBride and Achonwa. Jewel fits that role but the others are SWEET girls with high boards. That has also been Stanford's prob all these years, with the notable exception of the OG. sisters and Wiggins, SWEET girls with high boards!!!!!! Our players are sweet until the coaching staff lays down the law, usually in their first week in Storrs.:)

Reaction Score
Missing 2 assassins McBride and Achonwa. Jewel fits that role but the others are SWEET girls with high boards. That has also been Stanford's prob all these years, with the notable exception of the OG. sisters and Wiggins, SWEET girls with high boards!!!!!! Our players are sweet until the coaching staff lays down the law, usually in their first week in Storrs.:)
Not sure I like the tone of your post. The women that are playing at this level are incredibly competitive and accomplished. I would urge you yo please give them more respect.

Reaction Score
Do people agree with McGraw's early statement that Lloyd was the best player on the floor?

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Well, she was the highest scorer on the floor.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score

But Morgan was much (!) more efficient.
That said, I do credit Muffet with gracious nods to the UConn players who gave her team a stinging defeat, and without making excuses.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Do people agree with McGraw's early statement that Lloyd was the best player on the floor?
She may or may not have been.
But you need to consider the source. This coach is the woman who didn't clap because she believed Kayla McBride was the Player of the Year. So it's fair to say that her team allegiance colors her opinion. I guess that's natural, at least for fans.

But it was a good press conference. Like Papa33 said, she was gracious and honest. That is a tough position to be in -- especially if you're thinking in the back of your mind that your window of beating UConn has closed.

Reaction Score
I stand by my post----ND's players like all OTHER players are competetive and accomplished.Muffet said in her presser that her team was a " deer in the headlights" and did not have the "toughness that the last four teams had".:( Ruth Riley,Ratay,Diggins,McBride and Achonwa. The others : sweet girls with high boards!!!!

Reaction Score
Some nice compliments for Tuck and Stokes in this one.
Agreed and rightfully so. I actually liked Muffet's comments very much. She was gracious and that's something that seemed missing in the last couple of Irish press conferences that I'd seen her in. She even conceded that some of the UConn turnovers (evidently there was a lot) were not the result of any stellar Notre Dame defense but self induced. I like that kind of candor. Some people may have forgotten that until she had some injuries in her junior in high school, that Morgan was the number one rated player in the class. Geno has always complimented her on her complete game and knowing that until this operation over the winter, she hadn't been close to completely healthy since midway through high school, says a lot. As mentioned, if she and Kiah can play with the same energy throughout the rest of the season, WOW!

Reaction Score
Pretty cool presser. No side remarks. A soft compliment here and there. I am good with that. Coach McGraw is pretty cool, as a rival. She knows how to make a dig at you but it does not ruffle the feathers too much. Like Buzzyboy stated, McGraw was gracious and I am cool with that.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

For 15 minures, yes. For 40, Morgan or Kiah.

Reaction Score

I think coach McGraw was just trying to lobby in advance for J. Lloyd to get the POY award in a very subtle way.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I think coach McGraw was just trying to lobby in advance for J. Lloyd to get the POY award in a very subtle way.

I "applaud" her efforts.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
She also took the most shots, 27, and missed the most shots, 17. I don't know if that qualifies her as the best player. I wonder of the 27 shots, how many would be considered good shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom