ND/Ohio State on TV this afternoon | The Boneyard

ND/Ohio State on TV this afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
At 4...on NBCSN.

Jewell [frosh] and Diggins form a very talented backcourt...we'll see if they have enough in the paint to beat the elite teams.

Reaction Score
the paint will be more important than a normal game, it will be sunny, and there will be a 5-10 mph wind..... outside shots will be effected

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
At 4...on NBCSN.

Jewell [frosh] and Diggins form a very talented backcourt...we'll see if they have enough in the paint to beat the elite teams.
Won't really learn that much about ND from this game IMO. Unless OSU keeps it close, which I think is unlikely.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
DirecTV channel 220- just FYI, as it moved recently.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
So excited that the season officially starts today, no matter who's playing it's still college basketball that I've missed dearly.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
GO BUCKEYES!
Hmmm tough call here. I hate ND because.....well they're ND. I hate Ohio St. because......they're not Michigan. hmmm, can they both lose? :cool:

Although a ND win will theoretically help our RPI/SOS down the road.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Baylor will be on Fox Sports SW at 1: 00 p.m., EST. The opponent will be weak, as they play Lamar, but still a chance to get a look at the team.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
I hate ND and dislike OSU...hence GO BUCKEYES!!!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Will be very interesting to see how ND looks without that special group from the past few years. Achonwa is REALLY going to need to step up big this year. I'm looking forward to seeing what Diggins does with this new supporting cast. I did see Jewel in the all-star game in Denver and she was quite impressive...she will be a great one in time.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Hmmm tough call here. I hate ND because.....well they're ND. I hate Ohio St. because......they're not Michigan. hmmm, can they both lose? :cool:

Although a ND win will theoretically help our RPI/SOS down the road.
Hey Meyers, what's your Wolverine connection. And I'm with you on the both lose.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think i get it on U-verse too. it's channel 1600-something... i scheduled it to record. we will see if it works. i'm curious to see both teams. I'm betting ND by about 20 but OSU may surprise. do they still have taylor hill? i think she's a senior - if so, their best player. maybe raven ferguson too? actually i'd be surprised if OSU can keep the loss to much under 20. OSU is ranked about 20 preseason. we'll know soon enough...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Hey Meyers, what's your Wolverine connection. And I'm with you on the both lose.
No connection really. I grew up in IL, they always sucked so I had to like another Big 10 team, and I chose Michigan, not sure why. Picked them when I was early teens. One of my brothers went with Oklahoma and now he lives there. This really only applies to football, but sometimes I will cheer for their other teams.

Reaction Score
I think i get it on U-verse too. it's channel 1600-something... i scheduled it to record. we will see if it works. i'm curious to see both teams. I'm betting ND by about 20 but OSU may surprise. do they still have taylor hill? i think she's a senior - if so, their best player. maybe raven ferguson too? actually i'd be surprised if OSU can keep the loss to much under 20. OSU is ranked about 20 preseason. we'll know soon enough...

Not sure what to expect. Always had the impression that Hill liked to shoot the 3 and not sure that's going to be successful with the sun, wind, and sight lines on the carrier deck. ND's been pretty good in the past at getting to the rim and the line and suspect that will be their plan of action given the conditions. If shooting is as bad as I think it will be given everything that's being said by both teams and MSU men's team last year rebounding may be very important. If it was the same team as last year I wouldn't be concerned about rebounding because Baylor was the only team they couldn't hang with on the boards. Getting freshman to box out should prove to be shaky at best.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
No connection really. I grew up in IL, they always sucked so I had to like another Big 10 team, and I chose Michigan, not sure why. Picked them when I was early teens. One of my brothers went with Oklahoma and now he lives there. This really only applies to football, but sometimes I will cheer for their other teams.

As they say, my son and my money went to Ann Arbor. Leaner days lately for the Maize and Blue.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
As they say, my son and my money went to Ann Arbor. Leaner days lately for the Maize and Blue.
You said it. :(

I think I have told the story on here before of my oldest son (when he was in K or 1st grade) wearing a Michigan coat I got him to school and arguing with the teacher over whether it was Maize or Yellow. (teacher was wrong:p)

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

I think I have told the story on here before of my oldest son (when he was in K or 1st grade) wearing a Michigan coat I got him to school and arguing with the teacher over whether it was Maize or Yellow. (teacher was wrong:p)

I've lived in CT all my life. My son who went to UM was always a huge fan of theirs. He was a very good student, got into the honors programs at both Penn and UVA, but not UM. Went to UM of course. While not a D1 varsity level jock, he played both baseball and hoops in high school and still plays in reasonably competitive leagues in both sports in NYC. He was going to try and walk-on the UM baseball team, coached then by ex-Tiger Bill Freehan, but the try-outs got rained out and he didn't go back again. He would have been a year behind Jeter at UM had Jeter chosen to go there.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I've lived in CT all my life. My son who went to UM was always a huge fan of theirs. He was a very good student, got into the honors programs at both Penn and UVA, but not UM. Went to UM of course. While not a D1 varsity level jock, he played both baseball and hoops in high school and still plays in reasonably competitive leagues in both sports in NYC. He was going to try and walk-on the UM baseball team, coached then by ex-Tiger Bill Freehan, but the try-outs got rained out and he didn't go back again. He would have been a year behind Jeter at UM had Jeter chosen to go there.
My middle son who graduates this year is planning on moving to NYC. We'll see how that goes.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Some (probably ND and OSU fans) say maize is simply an arrogant shade of yellow.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Some (probably ND and OSU fans) say maize is simply an arrogant shade of yellow.
Sounds like something the uneducated or jealous would say. :cool:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
My middle son who graduates this year is planning on moving to NYC. We'll see how that goes.[/quote

How many sons do you have? Al 3 of mine are boys. The UM one is the middle one and boy was he ever a middle child growing up. (Still is. Voted Libertarian, which if you know me from the Cesspool, is traitorous. But he is the dad of two really cute daughters, so he can vote however he wants so long as I get to see the kids.)

Reaction Score

Maize is an appropriate name for Michigan's color. Maize i.e, corn is yellow, but not a specific shade of yellow. It varies from light yellow to close to orange. Over the years, Michigan's maize color has varied in shade in the same way the vegetable corn does, therefore it's a most appropriate name for Michigan's yellow tint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom