ND message board | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ND message board

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I read the ND board about twice a month this time of year and my view is they are mostly respectful of the UConn program. As far as Boston, they, like the BY, have a few posters who bleed green (as opposed to blue) and their posts reflect that. But vast majority either don't bother with discussing UConn or else have a realistic and respectful view of what is happening in Storrs.

While they are certainly hopeful as far as Brunelle having an influence I don't see that there is anything approaching a consensus that they have "a Stronger chance at landing Boston then us"

While I'm at it, when exactly did UConn lose it's dominance on the court and in the recruiting world? Does not winning the NC for 2 years after winning 6 of 8 drop a school? And if so, to whom? A school that finally won a game after 7 straight losses (2 NC games)? If that is true then explain how South Car, the dominant program on the court last season, loses every year (is it 6 years straight now) to UConn? Now there is a valid POV that ND may have passed UConn right now but UConn has lost 3 games (all in OT) over the last 5 years. Will someone compare that to what the Irish have done?

And which school has taken over as the preeminent recruiting school? Notre Dame? For getting a verbal from an admittedly elite recruit but one who has been passed in the rankings by a few in the last 6 months? Oh, yeah, I forgot. She is so charismatic that like the pied piper of myth, all the top recruits in the next 3 years will follow her to the golden dome. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

images

Reaction Score
Given that UConn, ND, and Stanford are generally in the hunt for the same recruits I'd say the academic standards are not an issue.
Not fair. Geno had all the advantages. After all, he was recruiting kids to the University of Yukon in the middle of farmlands in northeastern Connecticut while Muffet was recruiting to a poor school in northern Indiana that no one has ever heard of.

Reaction Score
Given that UConn, ND, and Stanford are generally in the hunt for the same recruits I'd say the academic standards are not an issue.

Stanford has an acceptance rate of 5%, Duke 7% and Notre Dame 20%.............if the schools strictly adhere to those standards I would think plenty of basketball players would have a difficult time making the grade as would the vast majority of all high school students...........that is certainly not an insult just the reality of higher education.......

Reaction Score
While I understand the thoughts, reactions and feelings of U Conn wbb fans reading what's stated about ND and their recruiting and record, I think it puts those here in a better light either to completely ignore or say we'll see you on the court this year!
They won the last NC so kudos to them for that! Try and do it again!
Bronx23

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I read the ND board about twice a month this time of year and my view is they are mostly respectful of the UConn program. As far as Boston, they, like the BY, have a few posters who bleed green (as opposed to blue) and their posts reflect that. But vast majority either don't bother with discussing UConn or else have a realistic and respectful view of what is happening in Storrs.

While they are certainly hopeful as far as Brunelle having an influence I don't see that there is anything approaching a consensus that they have "a Stronger chance at landing Boston then us"

While I'm at it, when exactly did UConn lose it's dominance on the court and in the recruiting world? Does not winning the NC for 2 years after winning 6 of 8 drop a school? And if so, to whom? A school that finally won a game after 7 straight losses (2 NC games)? If that is true then explain how South Car, the dominant program on the court last season, loses every year (is it 6 years straight now) to UConn? Now there is a valid POV that ND may have passed UConn right now but UConn has lost 3 games (all in OT) over the last 5 years. Will someone compare that to what the Irish have done?

And which school has taken over as the preeminent recruiting school? Notre Dame? For getting a verbal from an admittedly elite recruit but one who has been passed in the rankings by a few in the last 6 months? Oh, yeah, I forgot. She is so charismatic that like the pied piper of myth, all the top recruits in the next 3 years will follow her to the golden dome. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

images

We're supposed to believe that a number of elite recruits are effectively going to allow Brunelle to choose their school. Ironic (and odd) considering ND was not her first choice. Stranger things have happened.

Reaction Score
We're supposed to believe that a number of elite recruits are effectively going to allow Brunelle to choose their school. Ironic (and odd) considering ND was not her first choice. Stranger things have happened.

it may very well be much ado about nothing...................that's what makes the 2019/2020 recruiting classes so interesting...............now it's just a matter of waiting for that first Nike to drop............

Reaction Score
While I understand the thoughts, reactions and feelings of U Conn wbb fans reading what's stated about ND and their recruiting and record, I think it puts those here in a better light either to completely ignore or say we'll see you on the court this year!
They won the last NC so kudos to them for that! Try and do it again!
Bronx23

I think it's interesting to see what the fans of other teams have to say about their team and yours.............unfortunately that ND site is far less welcoming then the BY .............you point out anything positive about UConn and they view you as public enemy number one ..............ND's recent success has really gone to their heads (understandably as it is a rarity) whether it involves next year's team or recruiting they are winning it all!!!! I pointed out that the weight of expectations can weigh heavy on a team and I was pretty much persona non grata..........oh well......... as you said. let's settle it on the court............

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Yes, but I think I also read on the Board that the only reason those 10 other players tried out for the U-17 team was because they knew Brunie was going to be on the team.
You left out the :rolleyes:

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
If you want to have a very good chance of playing in the championship game in women's basketball, you really have to take a look at what Connecticut has done and what success many of their girls have. If you want to just play with your friends, then see the other schools mentioned above.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
ND is about to realize what the phrase "a target on your back" means. None of the current ND players know that feeling. Every game their opponent is going to be looking for that "win" against the national champion. Can ND run the table? Maybe. Let the games begin.

Reaction Score
as the kids say ..........."I see you Baba"..........too bad the Bench isn't open to anybody from the outside challenging the status quo............the BY is far from perfect but we have members who are fans of many programs including ND, Louisville, Stanford, Duke, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Baylor, South Florida, Texas A&M, Oregon, Miss State, etc. who contribute with nary an issue...........don't be just another milquetoast ND fanboy making snarky Kurt Vonnegut references from the protection of the Bench...........I invite you to come on over and enlighten our meaningless little group

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
as the kids say ......"I see you Baba".....too bad the Bench isn't open to anybody from the outside challenging the status quo..the BY is far from perfect but we have members who are fans of many programs including ND, Louisville, Stanford, Duke, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Baylor, South Florida, Texas A&M, Oregon, Miss State, etc. who contribute with nary an issue......don't be just another milquetoast ND fanboy making snarky Kurt Vonnegut references from the protection of the Bench......I invite you to come on over and enlighten our meaningless little group

Well actually let's not.
You went to a competitor's fan board and discovered that they are avid fans and may just not have an unbiased view. Well that's not much of a surprise is it?
We do have some great fans of other teams that regularly contribute on the Boneyard. It is a good thing isn't it?

One of the reason's it all works is that we don't allow pissing matches...in either direction. Calling out someone from another fan board to come here and "enlighten us" is starting a pissing match and that just kinda defeats the whole purpose of having great visiting fan posters.

We have a rule against dragging crap from other boards over here. You have been dipping your toes in that river. Time to pull back.

Reaction Score
Well actually let's not.
You went to a competitor's fan board and discovered that they are avid fans and may just not have an unbiased view. Well that's not much of a surprise is it?
We do have some great fans of other teams that regularly contribute on the Boneyard. It is a good thing isn't it?

One of the reason's it all works is that we don't allow pissing matches...in either direction. Calling out someone from another fan board to come here and "enlighten us" is starting a pissing match and that just kinda defeats the whole purpose of having great visiting fan posters.

We have a rule against dragging crap from other boards over here. You have been dipping your toes in that river. Time to pull back.

I think the person in question would actually be a valuable asset to the BY............he's respectful of UConn's accomplishments and is quite the wordsmith.......that said rules are rules and if in fact that's the rule then so be it.......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom