ND loses Appeal and must vacate football wins from 2012 & 2013 | The Boneyard

ND loses Appeal and must vacate football wins from 2012 & 2013

Reaction Score
"The NCAA may have just lost Notre Dame." Or they just gave the ACC or B1G another chip to try to entice ND. "You got punished? Ha! Join us and the NCAA would've given you EXTRA wins."

*Disclaimer: To the ND alums that reply to any message that mentions ND joining a conference, I have no knowledge of ND's interest in any conference, nor do I really believe they would be given extra wins in a P5 conference. This comment was purely satire and any similarity to reality is purely coincidental and should not be construed.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
"What Jenkins didn't have to say out loud is, if the NCAA doesn't clean up its arbitrary decisions on such issues, Notre Dame has options. The NCAA needs the Irish more than they need the NCAA."

Fr Jenkins is right. Basically after the UNC sham, the NCAA has taken its own academic teeth out and makes this look arbitrary. This is nothing different from what we here have said and joked about for some time. Scandal at MSU, UConn will take a beating.
I'd love for ND to go after them. They've got the power to do it.

Reaction Score
I am not a fan of Notre Dame, but I am disturbed by the ruling, especially in light of another recent ruling. What I am seeing is that if a mistake, such as academic dishonesty occurs, and an institution does its best to rectify it, they are penalized. But an institution that does its best to be duplicitous following a 20 year period of fraud, make no effort to correct or atleast be honest about the wrongs, and then also lie to the NCAA and accrediatation agencies, is not subject to sanctions.

While I fault the investigative committees for the arbitrary decisions in these two cases, it is up to the member institutions to change things. They have the power to do so.

Last edited:

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I think ND's honor code should be the blueprint for all academic issues. Recalculate a student athlete's GPA to determine if they would have been eligible with the class(es) at issue removed. If they were ineligible and played, the games are forfeited. This is what should have happened at UNCheat. Even the NCAA knows classes graded by an admin are not legit.
I think ND deserves the punishment, but relative to the UNCheat sham, it looks like they were massacred.

Reaction Score
ND self reported and cooperated. It also immediately suspended the players involved.

No good deed, I guess.

It is hard not to admire ND and how they handled this issue - particularly in light of the UNC scandal. They have taken the honest route and been punished inordinately for it. The NCAA hypocrisy is on borrowed time.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
In the context of our own "troubles," it's worth noting this investigation launched in August, 2014.

That's 42 months from the announcement of an investigation to the conclusion of its appeal.

A similar timeline would resolve UConn's issues around June, 2021.

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Dodd is such a drama queen. As bad as the NCAA is, the alternative, chaos, is worse.

Reaction Score
"What Jenkins didn't have to say out loud is, if the NCAA doesn't clean up its arbitrary decisions on such issues, Notre Dame has options. The NCAA needs the Irish more than they need the NCAA."

Fr Jenkins is right. Basically after the UNC sham, the NCAA has taken its own academic teeth out and makes this look arbitrary. This is nothing different from what we here have said and joked about for some time. Scandal at MSU, UConn will take a beating.
I'd love for ND to go after them. They've got the power to do it.
"The NCAA needs the Irish more than they need the NCAA." What? What else is ND going to do, play in the CFL? The NCAA has it's P5.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Dodd is such a drama queen. As bad as the NCAA is, the alternative, chaos, is worse.

Exactly.

Notre Dame is mad - so what?

What are they going to do about it? Nothing.

Reaction Score
ND’s poop stinks as bad as everyone else. Boo hoo. Fake class, vacate the wins but keep the TV and bowl money. I feel so bad for them. Football rules everything at ND. Players get away with sexual assault, manage to stay eligible in some inventive ways and live vey well thanks to the cult known that embraces and nurtures the mystique and specialness of ND football.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yep, but virtually any other association would be better. Burn to the ground.

1200.jpg

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Good on them for actually have the testiculos to call out Emmertt and his flying monkeys.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Nobody is leaving the NCAA. The big schools might successfully lobby to have more enforcement devolved from the NCAA to the conferences. The B12 moved in that direction with Baylor. It's easier for power schools to push for what they want in another round of NCAA "reform" as long as the money from TV keeps flowing through the conferences.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wait a minute. So if the wins were vacated, does that mean the 2012 Broyles award winner should be vacated as well?
If true, does Red Pants owe us a reimbursement for salary?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom