ND-KY on ESPNU now | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ND-KY on ESPNU now

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
"Dev in foul trouble" - most oft used phrase during ND games?

If Peters had a mental approach that matched her ability she would be a 1st team AA.

Reaction Score
If Tiff got half the calls that Novosel & Diggins get she would be averaging 20pts/game easily.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
true, but I've seen some pretty easy baskets in the paint.
Both teams use pressure defense with lots of trapping. You usually get easy baskets if you break that pressure. But these are two very good defensive teams IMO.

Reaction Score
Both teams use pressure defense with lots of trapping. You usually get easy baskets if you break that pressure. But these are two very good defensive teams IMO.

agree, but the easy baskets I saw (and missed bunnies by Kentucky) were in half court O.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
agree, but the easy baskets I saw (and missed bunnies by Kentucky) were in half court O.
They use pressure defense and trapping in the half court. If the ball is being double teamed, someone is always open.

Reaction Score
They use pressure defense and trapping in the half court. If the ball is being double teamed, someone is always open.

I'm not referring to pressure and trapping.

Reaction Score
Interesting question -- how would a coach work on a player's mental approach?

I have no problems with Ms Peters' mental approach. Nor did I ever give it a thought as to how it relates to her foul troubles in various big games. I do wonder how a fifth year player's mental approach can be called into question when she is coached by Muffet McGraw, a well respected coach here in the Boneyard. Personally, I would like to heap as much praise as possible upon Ms Peters for coming back from three knee surgeries.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Interesting question -- how would a coach work on a player's mental approach?
Geno's been working with Heather on that for 3 years now. in several of his quotes, he's said things like he doesn't put her in games or situations where it's likely she would "fail" because that would hurt her "mentally". he wants to put her in games where her chances of success are high and where she focus on the things she's good at. i'm not saying it's exactly the same for Peters, but that's what i've read about Geno's approach with Heather...

Reaction Score
I didn't watch the game but after looking at the boxscore Samarie Walker had 7 rebounds and 7 points in 12 minutes. Anyone know or suspect why so few minutes?

Think of how much better Kentucky will be once Samarie starts playing more minutes.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I have no problems with Ms Peters' mental approach. Nor did I ever give it a thought as to how it relates to her foul troubles in various big games. I do wonder how a fifth year player's mental approach can be called into question when she is coached by Muffet McGraw, a well respected coach here in the Boneyard. Personally, I would like to heap as much praise as possible upon Ms Peters for coming back from three knee surgeries.
I was using the term mental approach not in a negative way, as you apparently interpreted it, so I will try to be more specific. I do believe she fouls far too much, and it's because she is not selective enough with her aggressiveness. She also has trouble keeping on an even keel emotionally when she is playing in big games.

Reaction Score
I didn't watch the game but after looking at the boxscore Samarie Walker had 7 rebounds and 7 points in 12 minutes. Anyone know or suspect why so few minutes?

Think of how much better Kentucky will be once Samarie starts playing more minutes.

KY plays a lot of players, so there's lots of shuttling in and out. Also believe she had foul trouble at one point.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
So the "40 minutes of dread" gang gives up 92 pts.?

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
That was quite a game. Looked frantic early, then settled down and I thought ND was going to open up a big lead. Then ND lost their minds and KY caught up.

The ND buckled down and got it to nine or so, but KY didn't wilt and brought it back. Then Diggins, who had been oddly quite, and back to back plays that gave a lead back to ND, but those plays went to her head and she followed it with a head scratching play.

Did anyone count the offensive fouls on ND? Some may have been valid, but one was cleanly not. Waner talked about whether the defender was in the circle, missing that the defender was moving when ND player was in the air, and coming down.

ND free throws were killing them early, turnovers should have killed them but they survived them.

Fun game to watch

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
I also really, really enjoyed Abby Waner as the color commentator. Thought she was insightful, confident, and did a good job of breaking down the game. I'd take her over Peck any day of the week.

Waner, Lobo and Lawson are all very good commentators.

Reaction Score
I also really, really enjoyed Abby Waner as the color commentator. Thought she was insightful, confident, and did a good job of breaking down the game. I'd take her over Peck any day of the week.

Waner, Lobo and Lawson are all very good commentators.
I Agree, BB...Who is doing our game tonight, anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom