ND gets another 2016 | The Boneyard

ND gets another 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Is she the #10 wing or a wing that is rated 10th in the class?

Reaction Score
Who cares? With Natalie Butler, Katie Lou Samuelson, Napheesa Collier and De'Janae Boykin, UConn is set for 2016. Team those incoming players with Breanna, Moriah, Morgan, Saniya, Courtney, Kia, Sadie and Gabby and UConn is loaded. Too much of a good thing is too much of a good thing. Disgruntled players can ruin team chemistry.With those twelve players, playing time will be a real battle. What would UConn do with 2 or 3 more recruits or even one?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Who cares? With Natalie Butler, Katie Lou Samuelson, Napheesa Collier and De'Janae Boykin, UConn is set for 2016. Team those incoming players with Breanna, Moriah, Morgan, Saniya, Courtney, Kia, Sadie and Gabby and UConn is loaded. Too much of a good thing is too much of a good thing. Disgruntled players can ruin team chemistry.With those twelve players, playing time will be a real battle. What would UConn do with 2 or 3 more recruits or even one?

What? You don't want to know who you'll be beating in the Final Four every year?

Reaction Score
Too bad, another young athlete destined to have her NC dreams dashed on the rocks disappointment.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Geno and Staff need height in 2016. Only post player 6'3" or taller is Natalie Butler. Wouldn't hurt to have another PF a well.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Just so you know, this is class of 2016, not 2015, so these recruits won't show up in South Bend until after Breanna and Moriah have finished their first season in the WNBA. These women will join ND when UConn boasts the following line-up (by year of eligibility, not incoming class):

Seniors: Tuck and Chong
Juniors: Butler, Edwards, Ekmark, Nurse, and Williams
Sophomores: Boykin, Collier and Samuelson
Freshmen: ???

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Just so you know, this is class of 2016, not 2015, so these recruits won't show up in South Bend until after Breanna and Moriah have finished their first season in the WNBA. These women will join ND when UConn boasts the following line-up (by year of eligibility, not incoming class):

Maybe Stewart and Jefferson are going to redshirt so they can play that year to dash the dreams of those players.

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting; I agree that it's interesting to see who other top programs are getting, especially when they are top 10-25 players. I think a good point was made in stating that size for 2016 should be one focus, especially seeing the helpful visual of class breakdown from sophomore to senior for 2016-2017. I also think that a lot of the "what is the need for that particular class" question will be better understood once we actually see some of the current commits play against top level competition. While looking at their high school strengths is exciting, given that there are many, I do think it will be interesting to see who, if anyone, emerges as a long term point guard out of this year's freshman class, who can be a full time defensive stopper, who emerges from the 2015 class as a reliable rebounder alongside Butler, as well as what Butler is even capable of. A lot to be determined I suppose, but an exciting place to be starting from.

Reaction Score
VOW and DC: you guys know I'm in your corners. I do want to say, though, that I didn't read "Chris" as being critical of the good thread; I read Chris as just saying s.t. like: "Let the Irish get what they can, we'll take 'em anyway." But w ad e all know that the spoken word in-person is often more easily and fully comprehended than the written word, so you guys might have it right here and I might have it wrong.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

How about

Juniors: Butler, Edwards, Ekmark, Nurse and Williams
Sophomores: Boykin, Collier, Samuelson
Freshmen: McCoy, Dangerfield and Ionescu

:)

Reaction Score
I don't care who other teams get. All I care about is who UConn signs. You can't do anything about who other schools sign, so why waste the time. It's the same as Geno's philosophy when it comes to UConn. You don't change what you do. Stick to what has brought you success, and let all the talking heads worry about the matchups.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
I don't care who other teams get. All I care about is who UConn signs. You can't do anything about who other schools sign, so why waste the time. It's the same as Geno's philosophy when it comes to UConn. You don't change what you do. Stick to what has brought you success, and let all the talking heads worry about the matchups.

It sounds like you feel you have some effect on who UConn signs. The way I look at it, you have no effect on where anyone signs, and if you DO have an effect, then you (as a fan) are breaking the rules. The class that UConn signs does not exist in a vacuum, and the only way to evaluate that class is to compare it with the classes that other teams sign. Thus you need to know where everyone else is going. Anyway, if you truly don't care who signs with other schools, then I have no idea why you felt the need to click on this thread and post that message.

JS

Reaction Score
nxxg07gk6oocj7yl0x26.jpeg

images

Testy little thread.

I now know that:

-- top recruits who go elsewhere will dash their dreams (arrogant? who, us?);

-- we don't want to hear about them on the board;

-- no, wait, maybe he didn't mean that but only boasted UConn will beat them anyway; and

-- no wait, he spoke again, and maybe he did mean that.
Can't wait for the next gracious episode of Sneering at the Hopeless Field (and Its Unimportant, Soon-to-Be Frustrated Recruits).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01