ND Game Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

ND Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Kia Nurse will be a great leader.
Disappointed in Nurse so far this year. Last summer she must have been playing over her head, as she looked like the best player in the world.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I hope somewhere Molly Bent & Crystal Dangerfield were watching this game and immediately went to the gym to practice perimeter defense.
Perimeter defense is going to be greatly need for the rest of this year and even more so next year.

Reaction Score
I think Kia could lead just fine as PG
No, I mean leadership which does not mean just being great at a particular position. Someone that can lead a huddle when the going gets tough. Someone that can be trusted to run practice if none of the coaches are around. Senior leadership. We won't have that next year. I guess we didn't really have it last year either and things turned out OK, so perhaps with the amount of talent we have it's just a nice to have and not a necessity.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Not from Dave. Doris said she had a conversation with Geno about it. When Geno talked to Morgan Doris stated that Geno said " We would welcome her back". The "implication" being Morgan is gone.
I got a pit in my stomach when I heard that.

I don't get the same vibe off that Geno quote you do. Sounds like Tuck hasn't made a decision which is logical since she has months to decide. Maybe more 50/50 ish than we would like though.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I think Kia could lead just fine as PG

Don't see her as a PG at all. She has trouble handing the ball in any kind of traffic or with close guarding. Unless Geno wants to take his lumps until he feels Dangerfield is ready, assuming she isn't immediately.

Reaction Score
Lots of credit to Notre Dame- they played really tough without their two bigs. But I can't stand Burke/O'Brien. I could live with their relentless mentioning of the loss of Reimer and Turner, that's a legitimate point. But when they bemoaned Jewel Loyd's absence and showed the dumb graphic of the injured ND players (legit) and included Loyd's name at the top of that list, well that's asinine. She's gone! Since last year, you knuckleheads. Might as well mention that ND is at a disadvantage having to play without McBride and Achonwa, too.

If they had to make the bogus whine about what a terrible loss Loyd was for ND, how about some honesty and a mention that UConn, too, suffered a huge loss- the greatest 3-point shooter ever in WCBB- Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't get the same vibe off that Geno quote you do. Sounds like Tuck hasn't made a decision which is logical since she has months to decide. Maybe more 50/50 ish than we would like though.
I can see that, but it still didn't do anything for my stomach. You know better than most how ill equipped we are to adsorb the loss of 3 best players. We should/could have approached recruiting differently.

Reaction Score
Lots of credit to Notre Dame- they played really tough without their two bigs. But I can't stand Burke/O'Brien. I could live with their relentless mentioning of the loss of Reimer and Turner, that's a legitimate point. But when they bemoaned Jewel Loyd's absence and showed the dumb graphic of the injured ND players (legit) and included Loyd's name at the top of that list, well that's asinine. She left. Loyd's been gone since last year, you knuckleheads. She isn't on anybody's injury list.

If they had to make the bogus whine about what a terrible loss Loyd was for ND, how about some honesty and a mention that UConn, too, suffered a huge loss- the greatest 3-point shooter in WCBB in Kaleena.

I have a feeling next year they won't be making such a big deal out of Morgan Tuck deciding to leave early (which I'm 80% sure she will).

Reaction Score
Lots of credit to Notre Dame- they played really tough without their two bigs. But I can't stand Burke/O'Brien. I could live with their relentless mentioning of the loss of Reimer and Turner, that's a legitimate point. But when they bemoaned Jewel Loyd's absence and showed the dumb graphic of the injured ND players (legit) and included Loyd's name at the top of that list, well that's asinine. She left. Loyd's been gone since last year, you knuckleheads. She isn't on anybody's injury list.

If they had to make the bogus whine about what a terrible loss Loyd was for ND, how about some honesty and a mention that UConn, too, suffered a huge loss- the greatest 3-point shooter in WCBB in Kaleena.
UConn lost the best 3 point shooter in the history of the game. And the runner up for the rookie of the year award in the WNBA. But I guess only ND lost talent from last year.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I have a feeling next year they won't be making such a big deal out of Morgan Tuck deciding to leave early (which I'm 80% sure she will).
Only 80%?

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
UConn lost the best 3 point shooter in the history of the game. And the runner up for the rookie of the year award in the WNBA. But I guess only ND lost talent from last year.
Jewell is not on the Notre Dame team this year, and that's disappointing to Irish fans. But Muffet has known that she wouldn't be a member of the team for 7 months now, so Muffet has planned for her absence. The injuries of course, are more difficult to manage. But the difference between ND losing Kiah and Kaleena and ND losing Loyd is that Loyd had more eligibility left obviously, so the two situations are not the same.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Lots of credit to Notre Dame- they played really tough without their two bigs. But I can't stand Burke/O'Brien. I could live with their relentless mentioning of the loss of Reimer and Turner, that's a legitimate point. But when they bemoaned Jewel Loyd's absence and showed the dumb graphic of the injured ND players (legit) and included Loyd's name at the top of that list, well that's asinine. She's gone! Since last year, you knuckleheads. Might as well mention that ND is at a disadvantage having to play without McBride and Achonwa, too.

If they had to make the bogus whine about what a terrible loss Loyd was for ND, how about some honesty and a mention that UConn, too, suffered a huge loss- the greatest 3-point shooter ever in WCBB- Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis.
Both red herrings IMO. For Burke and O'Brien there is the mute button. Perfectly legit to mention that Jewell is not available and not mention KML because KML exhausted her eligibility and Jewell did not. Jewell could have been playing in this game.

Reaction Score
Jewell is not on the Notre Dame team this year, and that's disappointing to Irish fans. But Muffet has known that she wouldn't be a member of the team for 7 months now, so Muffet has planned for her absence. The injuries of course, are more difficult to manage. But the difference between ND losing Kiah and Kaleena and ND losing Loyd is that Loyd had more eligibility left obviously, so the two situations are not the same.
I know. Muffet is a lot closer to Geno in coaching ability than people think. I really like the way your team plays no matter the circumstances. The media may make go overboard on talking about the injuries, but Muffet and the team never make excuses. I see ND winning at least one title in the next 3-4 years.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score

Mabry Jr. shot better than Jewell ever did...and did her 2nd half disappearing act as well

Reaction Score
But when they bemoaned Jewel Loyd's absence and showed the dumb graphic of the injured ND players (legit) and included Loyd's name at the top of that list, well that's asinine. She's gone! Since last year, you knuckleheads. Might as well mention that ND is at a disadvantage having to play without McBride and Achonwa, too.
Actually they had to play without Skylar too. And Ruth Riley.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Well, I did not see the game, but from what I have read about it she didn't just disappear, MoJet disappeared her.
Pre-release excerpt from the latest Expose` Life of a Uconn Enforcer - by Little Mo (Fingers) Jefferson:

Geno in the locker room: Yo, Mo, you see dat kid making all dem trees in da first have? Whatya say youse take care of her?
Mo: Youse got it boss! Youse wanna she disappears, she is disappeared!

:cool:

Reaction Score
Pre-release excerpt from the latest Expose` Life of a Uconn Enforcer - by Little Mo (Fingers) Jefferson:

Geno in the locker room: Yo, Mo, you see dat kid making all dem trees in da first have? Whatya say youse take care of her?
Mo: Youse got it boss! Youse wanna she disappears, she is disappeared!

:cool:
Ha ha. Mo prolly said: hows about a paira cement shoes? Mafioso style.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Just got home. Didn't see the game but it must've been a stinker if everyone is up in arms? I have it recorded and will watch it now but from the stats it looks like it should've been entertaining, what did you guys see that the stats missed?

Reaction Score
Just got home. Didn't see the game but it must've been a stinker if everyone is up in arms? I have it recorded and will watch it now but from the stats it looks like it should've been entertaining, what did you guys see that the stats missed?
It was entertaining for sure especially that 2nd quarter where Geno decided they weren't going to play defense. At all. I don't think anyone is up in arms. I think it is more of the realization setting in that the gap between UConn and everyone else is not as much as initially thought, and may actually just be a sliver and not a grand canyon wide gulf.

Reaction Score

It was a very exciting game, much like the DePaul game as the 3's came raining down but UCONN weathered the storm. UCONN got the best both teams had to offer and found a way to win. Actually, it wasn't really that close. UCONN's large lead really only began to dwindle when our ladies started working clock and ND's 3's began to find the net again. I thought it was a hard fought battle by two very well-coached teams and certainly entertaining. I don't see UCONN losing, even if they should play ND again, if and when Turner and Reimer return. I really don't think the combination of those two players could have outperformed what the Mabrey sisters et al produced tonight with their outside shooting. I realize it was skill, not luck, but what are the odds that can happen again (not forgetting DePaul), with or without exceptional defense? UCONN won handily in the end. The only real bummer is some of the scapegoating that's starting to surface because some of the BYer's player expectations haven't been met. We're only six games in and the ladies had a busy week. Why don't we give them a little more time to gel as a team? It's really much more fun to kick back and enjoy the effort than pick apart each player's perceived shortcomings following a victory. We are a spoiled bunch!

Reaction Score
I, for one can't wait to see, or hear Geno's post game comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom