ND & FSU injuries impact on bracket picks | Page 3 | The Boneyard

ND & FSU injuries impact on bracket picks

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Probably one of the more significant implications of meniscus repair is that the surgery is essentially "shaving" the cartilage and removing torn material and free floating debris. As my ortho explained it to me is you have x amount of cartilage and after the surgery you have somewhat less that most probably lead to future issues. The goal is take away as little material as possible.
When I was 23, I had a torn medial meniscus prior to the advent of arthroscopic surgery and the debris was floating throughout my right knee. The Surgeon -- the head surgeon for an SEC football team -- took out the "floaters," but kept the shaving to a minimum. He gave me a list of exercises to build up all the small muscles around my knee to reduce strain and stress. I did them religiously.

My right knee has performed just fine over the years though double-digit number of marathons and half-marathons and regular basketball leagues that I still play in, right up to this morning (just got home). I've got to play a few less games than I used to and Monday's are guaranteed to be soreness. But I'm still chugging away, setting screens, grabbing rebounds, hitting a few jump hoots and taking flops the way Muffet taught me. ;) Call me a lucky one.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Despite Notre Dame’s crushing loss of Miles, the only player on the team that makes everyone better, they are headed to the Sweet 16. Congratulations to coach Nielle Ivey and the team.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Despite Notre Dame’s crushing loss of Miles, the only player on the team that makes everyone better, they are headed to the Sweet 16. Congratulations to coach Nielle Ivey and the team.
It certainly wasn't pretty (see my comments on the other board's March 19th thread), but they got the W. Lauren Ebo and Maddy Westbeld were monsters on the boards with 18 and 15 rebounds, respectively, MSU lost the touch on the three's and Sonia Citron hit 10-14 FT's to seal the proverbial deal.

Now, just don't watch the tape!:D;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So proud of the ND team without Miles & Mabrey. They fought for that W! Now we got Maryland again. Let’s hope it’s not a blowout.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I guess Niele and Tara are now on the same page when it comes to Jenna Brown.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom