ND at Maryland tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ND at Maryland tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have to agree with triaddukefan, many good seats available. I hope Notre Dame goes undefeated so that we can play them in the finals.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Tons

My initial reaction: Notre Dame wil run wild
But with Achonwa out with2 fouls, perhaps not

Reaction Score
plenty of good seats still available :rolleyes:
Unfortunately, most of the seats they actually sell are taken. They don't open up the whole arena for woman's games. Those flags behind the Irish-side basket is all closed student seating. I don't get it.

Reaction Score
I've been rooting for Notre Dame to win every game they play this year and will continue to do so.

If they ever go on a losing streak and somehow someway drop to a 2 seed, we will be the 1 seed in South Bend. A worst case scenario.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Would be interesting for UConn fans who live in the Bend....

Reaction Score
So basically this is another big east beat down of an ACC team. At this rate ND will score 100 points tonight, Says alot for ND's new conference and the defensive weakness of the ACC!

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Notre Dame far too precise; good, solid team play

This is what happens when a well coached team plays MD, who's coaches main strategy is "Let's get every 50-50 ball, play hard". Sounds like the same speech before every game. It makes it far too easy for her to say after they lose that the team just didn't play hard enough. How about some trying some actual basketball tactics? Like good ball movement etc...

Reaction Score
I am either underestimating ND's skill, or Maryland is not a top 5 team. Running no offense that i can see.

Reaction Score
There were a lot more fans there for the UConn game. How many times is the Maryland ball handler going to dribble over to their teammate so that Notre Dame can trap them and steal the ball.

Reaction Score
This is what happens when a well coached team plays MD, who's coaches main strategy is "Let's get every 50-50 ball, play hard". Sounds like the same speech before every game. It makes it far too easy for her to say after they lose that the team just didn't play hard enough. How about some trying some actual basketball tactics? Like good ball movement etc...
Sounds alot like something we hear from the coaches of a team with something to do with the top of something!

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Thomas is definitely very, very good, though I'm not sure I've seen her show up for a full 40-minute game yet. When she does show up, she does a fair impression of "unstoppable".
I've been saying this game will be either competitive or hilarious. I want to see it either way.
Looks like the "hilarious" option is in effect ....:D

Reaction Score
Agreed. I don't think they know what to do against a good defense. Too much doomed one-on-one attempts. And Thomas looks a bit lost. She's not quite here yet.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame and UConn are clearly the 2 best teams in the country this year. Thanks to conference realignment they will not play unless they meet in the Finals. A sport like WCBB just can't afford to not have the best play each other on TV.

Reaction Score
Doubled them up at 4:30 ,19 to 38 ND!! to the 8th ranked team in the country . Remind ya of anyone? How can the ACC get so much press and continue to get beat down by certain teams?

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I am either underestimating ND's skill, or Maryland is not a top 5 team. Running no offense that i can see.

Maryland runs the official Tennessee offense (which is to say, no offense at all).

And on D…difficult to describe: gets beat regularly on the baseline, gives up the three, gets caught on back doors, passes over the top into the post….um, anything I left out?

Reaction Score
Maryland runs the official Tennessee offense (which is to say, no offense at all).

And on D…difficult to describe: gets beat regularly on the baseline, gives up the three, gets caught on back doors, passes over the top into the post….um, anything I left out?
NOPE!

Reaction Score
Well, now it's looking like a game.

And don't you love having Kara Lawson doing the color?

Reaction Score
Haven't seen too many as impressive halves as the one Jewel Loyd just had on Maryland. 20 pts. 4 assists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom