NCAA Week 11 Games (Non- UConn) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NCAA Week 11 Games (Non- UConn)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Not so fast

This game is a perfect reason why Edsall has to go.

46-41 and both teams have multiple first round draft picks on defense.

This was a great game with playmakers all over the field.

Ball control and TOP be damned. Keep the pressure on withe very offensive play, get a turnover and a key stop on defense. That is how college football is won.

Reaction Score

Ball control and TOP be damned. Keep the pressure on withe very offensive play, get a turnover and a key stop on defense. That is how college football is won.

Modern football is all about explosive plays on both sides of the ball. Pass rushers and turnovers on defense, spreading the formation and creating mismatches on offense. That LSU/Bama game was high level stuff.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Modern football is all about explosive plays on both sides of the ball. Pass rushers and turnovers on defense, spreading the formation and creating mismatches on offense. That LSU/Bama game was high level stuff.

Correct. But RE doesn't know how to build a roster that can play like that.

Reaction Score

Edsall doesn't know what is an explosive play.

Reaction Score

I have no qualms with Edsall's philosophy on offense and defense. What I do have a problem is he is forcing his philosophy on a team that is not built to run the schemes he wants. He does not have the players on the line that he had in 2010 so he's setting up for failure from the moment they walk on the field.

Reaction Score
Bad Bama QB fumble, less than stellar 1H, blah schedule aside, maybe both LSU and Bama are pretty good. Both teams had injuries coming in, but undoubtedly the Bama QB’s numb ankle limited his mobility, kept him in the pocket when he’d typically head downfield, and appeared to impact his follow through on some passes.

It will be interesting to see how both teams close out their SEC regular seasons. And, how the SEC West’s division winner plays against either FL or GA in the SEC championship game.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Alabama get hammered at halftime. I seem to recall myself questioning just how good they are a few weeks ago. First good team they've faced all year and they don't appear to be up to the challenge.

OK so I was a bit premature, but glad to see Alabama lost. I sincerely hope there aren't 2 SEC teams in the playoff.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
South Carolina almost upset Appalachian St., proof of how good the SEC is. Wait a minute, what? Home game for SC. I bet this was supposed to be a cupcake game when they scheduled it. Oops.

Screw the SEC. Sooooo overrated. Maybe 4 or 5 good teams and the rest are garbage this year.

Reaction Score
South Carolina almost upset Appalachian St., proof of how good the SEC is. Wait a minute, what? Home game for SC. I bet this was supposed to be a cupcake game when they scheduled it. Oops.

Screw the SEC. Sooooo overrated. Maybe 4 or 5 good teams and the rest are garbage this year.
So they only have 4 or 5 “good teams “ who would be in the top 10 to 15 in the country btw. What other conference has as many ?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So they only have 4 or 5 “good teams “ who would be in the top 10 to 15 in the country btw. What other conference has as many ?

Big 10 is close.

The narrative we always hear is that every week in the SEC is a war because they are all so good. The middle to bottom of the league is significantly down this year. Alabama's schedule was pretty much cupcakes until today.

Reaction Score
Big 10 is close.

The narrative we always hear is that every week in the SEC is a war because they are all so good. The middle to bottom of the league is significantly down this year. Alabama's schedule was pretty much cupcakes until today.
so your premise is that the SEC is overrated and the best you have is the Big 10 is “close?” I’m sorry but LSU Bama Georgia Florida and Auburn are better then the top 5 of any other conference and I’m a TCU fan and have zero love for the SEC but facts are facts

Reaction Score

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
so your premise is that the SEC is overrated and the best you have is the Big 10 is “close?” I’m sorry but LSU Bama Georgia Florida and Auburn are better then the top 5 of any other conference and I’m a TCU fan and have zero love for the SEC but facts are facts

I don't think I'm making my point very well. Those top 5 are great. The rest of the conference sucks this year. There is an upper tier, and then there is no quality beyond that. 9 out of 14 teams are mediocre or just plain lousy.

Again, look at Alabama's schedule! They made it til Nov. 9th before they played anyone noteworthy. They have an upcoming game against Auburn. 2 quality opponents all year (and they won't be in the SEC Title Game unless LSU collapses). I don't see why Alabama should be rewarded with a berth in the 4 team playoff w/ such a weak schedule, and they lost 1 of those games.

Reaction Score
I don't think I'm making my point very well. Those top 5 are great. The rest of the conference sucks this year. There is an upper tier, and then there is no quality beyond that. 9 out of 14 teams are mediocre or just plain lousy.

Again, look at Alabama's schedule! They made it til Nov. 9th before they played anyone noteworthy. They have an upcoming game against Auburn. 2 quality opponents all year (and they won't be in the SEC Title Game unless LSU collapses). I don't see why Alabama should be rewarded with a berth in the 4 team playoff w/ such a weak schedule, and they lost 1 of those games.
Well you can probably forget about them being “rewarded “ with a playoff berth and if you want to look at weak schedules please take a look @ Clemson’s. The bottom line is that the the only conference anywhere near as good as the SEC is the BiG. The SEC West is better by itself than the ACC, the PAC 12 and the Big 12

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well you can probably forget about them being “rewarded “ with a playoff berth and if you want to look at weak schedules please take a look @ Clemson’s. The bottom line is that the the only conference anywhere near as good as the SEC is the BiG. The SEC West is better by itself than the ACC, the PAC 12 and the Big 12

Agreed about Clemson. I think they've been called on it frequently. They tumbled a bit in the rankings after their narrow escape against UNC. ACC is way down this year.

Reaction Score
9 out of 14 teams are mediocre or just plain lousy.
Acknowledging not being an SEC fan, it’s challenging to identify a P5 conference with a bottom 7-9 teams much better than lousy to mediocre. B1G? Stretching, but OK. Big XIIish? Nope. nACC? Nyet. Pac 12. Pffft! SEC, better than lousy, and again this year even better relatively to every other P5’s mediocre.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Hey, stop interrupting my SEC bashing dang it! :rolleyes:

Can we all agree that the overall depth of the conference is not as good as usual this season?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom