NCAA Updates Rules for Undergraduate Transfer Waivers | The Boneyard

NCAA Updates Rules for Undergraduate Transfer Waivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

"The memo also said that waivers will no longer be approved just because the athlete’s participation opportunity at their former school changed, or even because of a coaching change or a change in the athlete’s scholarship status."
Here comes the revolt. You open Pandora's box. They were warned complete chaos. How is this fair that coach can leave anytime recruit for another school while being presently paid by school they are working for. TROUBLE ‍

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
“No waivers for coaching changes”

There will be many granted for the “mental health” provision as an end-around

Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Gotta be pretty annoying for players like Hopkins and CFJ that transferred to Providence to play for Cooley and now are being told tough ****.
I hear what you are saying but wahat if you took a job because you liked the manager. The manager finds a new job for whatever reason. Your choices are either stay or leave.
The players still have that option.

Reaction Score
I hear what you are saying but wahat if you took a job because you liked the manager. The manager finds a new job for whatever reason. Your choices are either stay or leave.
The players still have that option.
I don’t have to take a year off before starting work at my new job.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Even though they have pretty clear guidelines, I am 100% sure the NCAA will not abide by these lol

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
If your coach leaves to make millions and doesn't need to sit out a year it's utterly preposterous to hold the athlete who that same coach recruited to sit out a year. It's punitive and absurd.

Reaction Score
Am I being naïve? Can't they just enter the portal and play right away? I realize there will be some differences but it seems like small differences.

Reaction Score
Am I being naïve? Can't they just enter the portal and play right away? I realize there will be some differences but it seems like small differences.
First time is free to play right away for everyone. 2nd time is where the waivers come in. The NCAA was pretty lenient with waivers so far, but sounds like they're preparing to crack down and ensure only the 1st time is free (barring some real issue).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom