OT: - NCAA unveils independent investigation unit | The Boneyard

OT: NCAA unveils independent investigation unit

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Aug 1 - The NCAA on Thursday unveiled a new arm of rules enforcement made up of independent investigators, advocates and decision-makers to handle what it calls complex cases involving serious infractions.

Creating a new process for dealing with some infractions cases was one of several recommendations made last year by the Rice Commission on college basketball. The commission concluded that the NCAA's traditional investigation and enforcement structure was rife with potential and perceived conflicts of interest.

Finally, a fair and level playing field for those accused of NCAA rules infractions. :cool:
Now if only the NFL would follow suit and establish a similar unit to investigate rules infractions, player misconduct/domestic violence and impose sanctions/penalties and suspensions when deemed appropriate, and take that responsibility away from the commissioner.

[Story]

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Scrolling did not work. Is this the story ?

NCAA unveils independent investigation unit

Found a figure head Louis Freeh, former FBI director. Always have to drape yourself in one of these. Worked well in Washington recently ... NOT. A player representative high priced lawyer too. Always dubious of "independent" now. I assume Freeh will not be hiring his own firm to do the leg work on these big investigations?

See Freeh Group International Solutions, LLC

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Plus ça change......... Dollars to donuts it's all for show.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The commission concluded that the NCAA's traditional investigation and enforcement structure was rife with potential and perceived conflicts of interest.
I guess it’s time once again for me to paraphrase my favorite movie line from Casablanca:

I’m shocked, shocked to find there’s a conflict of interest going on in here.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I guess it’s time once again for me to paraphrase my favorite movie line from Casablanca:

I’m shocked, shocked to find there’s a conflict of interest going on in here.
That line NEVER gets old and could only be enhanced with a picture of Renault
5863C868-ACF0-4C01-9A00-42DF867CEEDA.jpeg

Reaction Score
Scrolling did not work. Is this the story ?

NCAA unveils independent investigation unit

Found a figure head Louis Freeh, former FBI director. Always have to drape yourself in one of these. Worked well in Washington recently ... NOT. A player representative high priced lawyer too. Always dubious of "independent" now. I assume Freeh will not be hiring his own firm to do the leg work on these big investigations?

See Freeh Group International Solutions, LLC
Wasn't that the guy who wrote the report on the Sandusky thing?

Reaction Score
Makes sense to me to hire a former govt guy who worked in the bureaucracy to do the investigations for a true bureaucracy riddled with hypocrites. In my next post I'll say what I really feel. NCAA investigations will not look any different.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom