NCAA Transfer Portal - The process | Page 11 | The Boneyard

NCAA Transfer Portal - The process

Reaction Score
Still have no idea how Fields from Georgia was eligible this year but that is the power of the top BCS schools

Having someone scream the "n word" at you from your own side can, in today's climate, constitute an uncomfortable playing environment, I reckon.

Georgia athletic director Greg McGarity on the alleged incident: “We are aware of a reported incident this weekend involving conduct by one of our student-athletes. While we are limited in what we can say about the incident at this time, I want to reemphasize that we do not condone discriminatory behavior. The University’s Equal Opportunity Office thoroughly reviews all reported violations of our Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy to ensure an appropriate response.”

Reaction Score
So, entire Syracuse team can immed transfer based on stuff happening across their campus?

Reaction Score
So I'm a kid who wants to transfer all I have to do is get a buddy to yell crap at me during a game and its all good?

Reaction Score
So I'm a kid who wants to transfer all I have to do is get a buddy to yell crap at me during a game and its all good?

Heck it could be from the stands...

...it was a Georgia Baseball player in the stands in Field’s case.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Wow - just wow. Rutty/arrest and conviction/ASA/tweets bashing ASA/memphis/portal again.

Booted even though Norvell is leaving.

Reaction Score
Wow - just wow. Rutty/arrest and conviction/ASA/tweets bashing ASA/memphis/portal again.

Booted even though Norvell is leaving.

Wonder if the brother's offer still stands or if they cut him loose as well?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
@huskymedic - Tyler was Memphis bound? I lost track. Something toxic here. The weird part is that Brendan was poised to be a Husky until that very late offer from Rutty.

Switching gears - story below on Blackshear. I wonder if this kid is visiting this weekend. We were seriously in the hunt back in 2016. Rob King is his old HS teammate. On twitter he's connected with Edsall, Weiss, Zyskowski and Ryan Steinberg who typically gets involved on twitter only with kids that visit or arrange to visit (not a hard rule, but a general observation).

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t bet against Rutgers w/ the RBC connections but he did hold a UConn offer coming out of high school.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I wouldn’t bet against Rutgers w/ the RBC connections but he did hold a UConn offer coming out of high school.

He looks like he is about 14. Still, grab any and all OL.

Reaction Score
Very general, non-UConn specific question: For Transfer Portal guys, what happens when other programs are NOT interested?

Guys with degrees likely join the real world, but imagine potential impacts for guys who blew their free rides for a remaining year or a few years from schools X, Y and Z. Watching Transfer Portal scenarios play out will be interesting the next few years ...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Very general, non-UConn specific question: For Transfer Portal guys, what happens when other programs are NOT interested?

Guys with degrees likely join the real world, but imagine potential impacts for guys who blew their free rides for a remaining year or a few years from schools X, Y and Z. Watching Transfer Portal scenarios play out will be interesting the next few years ...

They can stay at said school - but they loose their scholarship at the end of the current year. Generally speaking - they become civilians if not picked up by another school.

A lot of these kids will become civilians....and I mean kids everywhere, not just the UConn kids.

Reaction Score
Opportunistic: If UCONN could use one of these kids who do not get more lucrative or acceptable offers, I am certain UCONN Football would take them back.

However, the ego/pride of the kid probably says they are not coming back after a Fail. They will land somewhere regardless of fit. As we are seeing in the numbers from UConnJim - the numbers are daunting.

Reaction Score
For grad transfers, doesn't the new school have to offer some graduate program that their previous school does not? Or am I mistaken? I thought I had read that somewhere.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Here's a talented guy we once recruited...I haven't pulled out a map, but I think he just relocated closer to home.

Reaction Score
Can’t see it but...

One could always give Santa a quick holler to let him know what he wants for Christmas. This ideal situation would be absolutely insane, but.....yeah, it is wishful thinking...One can dream though....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom