NCAA tour. coaching analysis ACC | The Boneyard

NCAA tour. coaching analysis ACC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was curious to see how Calhoun compared to these. Points per tournament Calhoun came in 4th with 5.26 points per tourny behind Krzyzewski, Pitino and Roy Williams. Weighted average per tournament was 17.51, again good for 4th behind Pitino, Krzyzewski and Roy Williams. Calhoun outperformed his teams seed 34.8% of the time, which for coaches with ten or more tourny's puts him third behind Pitino and Krzyzewski. He underperformed 30.4% of the time which was third best for those with 10 or more tournaments, behind Pitino and Gottfried. Finally his record in upsets as defined by seeding was 7-7. That puts him as the only coach with a 50% or better record in those games that had ten such decisions. Pitino was second with 5-6. I know this only compares him versus the coaches in next years ACC, but considering Pitino, Krzyzewski Roy Williams and Boeheim will all be in that conference I felt it was a good measure. The one coach that you don't see mentioned in those numbers is Boeheim as his tournament record as everyone could guess sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom