NCAA to investigate PSU | The Boneyard

NCAA to investigate PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How about they let the big boys handle this one(FBI, STATE POLICE, MEDIA) and finish the Ryan F$#cking Boatright investigation.

These guys are a such a joke

Reaction Score
this is a situation where the NCAA should just go away. This isn't about violating some arcane rule on text messages in months that have r's in them.

Reaction Score
Isn't PSU supposed to provide a safe atmosphere for student athletes?

What if a 16 or 17 yr old on an unofficial visit happened along when the alleged shower incident took place?

I don't know about you but I'd be scarred for life if I saw it happen.

I'd say that's lack of institutuonal control especially since it was not reported to police. (or was depending on who you believe)

Reaction Score
yeah now their investigating it after the Feds and FBI are already doing that they should have already done it about 10 years ago, how about these Nazis finish the Boatright investigation.

Reaction Score
Isn't PSU supposed to provide a safe atmosphere for student athletes?

What if a 16 or 17 yr old on an unofficial visit happened along when the alleged shower incident took place?

I don't know about you but I'd be scarred for life if I saw it happen.

I'd say that's lack of institutuonal control especially since it was not reported to police. (or was depending on who you believe)

Really? You're talking about PSU providing a safe place for student athletes? Based on your signature, I'm assuming you've heard of Jasper Howard? What if a 16 or 17 year old was on unofficial and witnessed that? Or worse, got stabbed? It's unbelievable how some people are so quick to cast stones at PSU, probably because of previous jealousy.

Just like how the NCAA isn't supposed to regulate safety at on campus UConn parties, the NCAA also should not be regulating child abuse reporting at Penn State.

Reaction Score
Yeah...the UConn coaches should have never brought those kids on campus and bought them the knives.

Could you be a bigger idiot?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
There are going to be people who think the NCAA should do something and those who don't think this is a matter for the NCAA. It seems questionable to me that this is an NCAA issue. If it is it has to be a gray area.

But I'm sure there is enough outrage with these events, and enough people that feel the mystique of the football program overshadowed university control which if that mystique didn't exist the university would have better oversight. And in their minds that merits an NCAA investigation. And enough of these people want the football program punished as well as the specific individuals involved who are found guilty.

I believe the NCAA caved into pressure, unless they can clarify why they should be involved.

Reaction Score
There are going to be people who think the NCAA should do something and those who don't think this is a matter for the NCAA. It seems questionable to me that this is an NCAA issue. If it is it has to be a gray area.

But I'm sure there is enough outrage with these events, and enough people that feel the mystique of the football program overshadowed university control which if that mystique didn't exist the university would have better oversight. And in their minds that merits an NCAA investigation. And enough of these people want the football program punished as well as the specific individuals involved who are found guilty.

I believe the NCAA caved into pressure, unless they can clarify why they should be involved.

The NCAA should have never gotten involved since they are going to clear PSU in the end. Why? No one involved with sports, nor the President, committed a crime. Curley is going to be absolved. It's Schulz who is going down for all of this. In the end, Schulz is not a sports administrator at PSU. In other words, the sports people committed no crime and all of them reported the incident to their superiors. Paterno had a moral failing.

Reaction Score
So since the AD reported it to his superior it removes it from the "sports people" hence no NCAA infractions?

Wasn't the alledged perv on payroll of some kind and didn't I read he was still going on recruiting trips and still had an office at PSU during the alledged crimes?

Sounds like a sports issue to me.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
The NCAA should have never gotten involved since they are going to clear PSU in the end.

Of course they are, it's PSU. This event is bigger than 'sports.' Give them the death penalty and send a message to all schools that they better clean out their own closets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
So since the AD reported it to his superior it removes it from the "sports people" hence no NCAA infractions?

Wasn't the alledged perv on payroll of some kind and didn't I read he was still going on recruiting trips and still had an office at PSU during the alledged crimes?

Sounds like a sports issue to me.

He was retired and receiving his state pension. His office was part of his retirement package, and no he didn't go on recruiting trips.

Reaction Score
Of course they are, it's PSU. This event is bigger than 'sports.' Give them the death penalty and send a message to all schools that they better clean out their own closets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Death penalty for what? If they did something illegal, then why aren't the police charging McQueary and JoePa?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
The NCAA should wait until law enforcement finishes their investigation, then it is reasonable for them to be to look at whether these events were the isolated events of an individual or whether the althletic department facilitated or at least turned a blind eye to it. If they "investigate" while the criminal investigation is going on, they risk interfering with it. In any event since testimony before the NCAA is not compulsory, I doubt anyone will.

Reaction Score
He was retired and receiving his state pension. His office was part of his retirement package, and no he didn't go on recruiting trips.

There was an article quoting a recruit saying he was visited by him either at home or school, not sure which. Don't ask me to look it up as I am at the game but if you still need to see it my advice is to give Google a look.

Reaction Score
There was an article quoting a recruit saying he was visited by him either at home or school, not sure which. Don't ask me to look it up as I am at the game but if you still need to see it my advice is to give Google a look.

The kid is the 36th best LB in South Carolina. PSU has never contacted him or recruited him. His coach has said that Sandusky has never been out to recruit. Some whacked kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom