NCAA to increase scholarships for sports, with football getting roster limit of 105 players (Yahoo) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NCAA to increase scholarships for sports, with football getting roster limit of 105 players (Yahoo)

Reaction Score
Basically…

1722270475932.gif

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
With the move to permit 105 scholarships, does this help address what Mora was talking about late last year/early this year in terms of growing the size of the team? I'm assuming we have the ability to expand the squad to give us some extra depth, assuming we can get quality athletes.

Reaction Score
With the move to permit 105 scholarships, does this help address what Mora was talking about late last year/early this year in terms of growing the size of the team? I'm assuming we have the ability to expand the squad to give us some extra depth, assuming we can get quality athletes.
UConn’s 2023 roster was @ 110 +/- (Scholarship & PWO)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
That's one of the funny things about college football. If you aren't a perennial top 3 most schools/fanbases have no shame attempting to claim they are some sort of poverty program without deference to the real CF poverty.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I do believe we will go to 105 scholarships to stand out from the G5 crowd.

Reaction Score

“As part of the new revenue-sharing model — beginning in 2025-26 academic year — by-sport scholarship restrictions are eliminated, and schools are permitted to offer scholarships to the entirety of their rosters. The new roster limit figures are not final until the approval of House settlement terms.”

This not only benefits our primary sports, but it should really help out our baseball and softball teams(especially) immensely

Reaction Score
Where does the extra revenue come from ? P4 starts off with 10's of million dollars more than UC. Cost of scholarships are not cheap. No way to get around low revenue over a long period of time.

Reaction Score
Where does the extra revenue come from ? P4 starts off with 10's of million dollars more than UC. Cost of scholarships are not cheap. No way to get around low revenue over a long period of time.
Shhh...

Reaction Score

Shortcut <<

-> “I don’t know that 105 scholarship players is the right way to go about it, because you’ve got 105 NIL capabilities there,” Smart said Tuesday. “You’ve got more people who would be unhappy if you don’t have walk-ons if you do that. I don’t think it’s set in stone yet that everybody’s going to rush off and go to 105. That’s a huge burden on the budgets of the athletic department. And honestly, there’s a lot of kids here who do a great job for us as walk-ons. You would be dismissing them if you said you were going to go and sign 20 more high school kids.” <-

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
its a race to the breaking point at this rate. pure ridiculousness
Is it ridiculous or is it a very calculated way to squeeze out smaller schools?

I wonder where UConn will put the title IX scholarships? Will we sponsor a new sport or will there be further cuts of men's Olympic sports?

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
"And honestly, there’s a lot of kids here who do a great job for us as walk-ons. You would be dismissing them if you said you were going to go and sign 20 more high school kids.”
Here's a crazy thought, offer some of those more outstanding PWO one of those 20 extra scholarships. I get boxers saying stupid things from too many hits to the head, but an entitled SEC head coach saying stupid crap makes Mike Tyson look like Isaac Newton.

Reaction Score
Is it ridiculous or is it a very calculated way to squeeze out smaller schools?

I wonder where UConn will put the title IX scholarships? Will we sponsor a new sport or will there be further cuts of men's Olympic sports?

Would be hard to cut more on the men's side (unless you cut golf). Would have to come from adds on the women's side.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Would be hard to cut more on the men's side (unless you cut golf). Would have to come from adds on the women's side.
And isn't golf paid for private funds?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpio1

Top Bottom