NCAA to go to Free Agency for players? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NCAA to go to Free Agency for players?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
different article but I think this is so huge to take into account. We already have an example of what not having to sit out via transfer would look like- the Grad Transfer Rule.

"Some high-major schools admitted to ESPN that they are already compiling lengthy lists before the season of those who will be eligible to leave mid-majors and play their final season elsewhere.

Many admittedly will call the high school or AAU coach of a player to make their interest clear, should that player have any desire to leave. Some coaches believe that players are being contacted directly by their peers.

"If that's the case, that's not good for our profession," Krzyzewski said."

Why the graduate-transfer rule is decimating the mid-majors

Is that what we want for regular student athletes too? Grad assistants at P5 conferences tracking players in lower conferences that can come in and fill a void that is left by a graduating player or someone that leaves early for the NBA draft?

Funny how all the concern here is for "our profession" and "our teams" without any concern at all for what is best for the players. Before posting I would suggest you imagine how you would feel if these rules affected your own kids, not some strangers wearing uniforms. Why wouldn't you want your kid to play at Duke, or Uconn, after 4 years at Fairfield - if they've earned it they should be free to go.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Funny how all the concern here is for "our profession" and "our teams" without any concern at all for what is best for the players. Before posting I would suggest you imagine how you would feel if these rules affected your own kids, not some strangers wearing uniforms. Why wouldn't you want your kid to play at Duke, or Uconn, after 4 years at Fairfield - if they've earned it they should be free to go.

I'm totally okay with it after graduating- the graduate transfer rule to me is completely worth it as it requires the student to graduate from his university, at which time he (she) is free to do whatever he (she) wants to do.

What I'm referring to in my previous post is the unrestricted transfer of ANYONE. Its about the integrity of the game/sport- if coaches are doing this already in the one area in which there is unrestricted transfer you don't think they'll be adding players on other teams to their current recruiting boards?

Reaction Score

I don't agree here. If the programs suffer and the game suffers, then so will the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS
Top Bottom