NCAA Thinking of Rule Change | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NCAA Thinking of Rule Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't get it. Do they not use the S-Curve anymore? It shouldn't be that hard to plan the scenarios out the night before no matter what happens unless there is a Kenyon Martin like injury right before the selection show. Otherwise cry me a river, I don't like to work Saturday night or selection Sunday either but that is their job for a few days a year.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
They aren't. That's the point of the article. Auto qualifiers are exempt from the play in games.

You misunderstood me. I don't like the 16's having to "play in." Those are the "auto bids" I speak of.

This year's kerfluffle has a lot more to do with Dayton than UConn, but that's being ignored mostly.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You misunderstood me. I don't like the 16's having to "play in." Those are the "auto bids" I speak of.

This year's kerfluffle has a lot more to do with Dayton than UConn, but that's being ignored mostly.

You misunderstand how it works then. No autobid team has to play in. Only at large teams can be in the play-in game.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Since Miami FL was left out, I think they should adapt a rule which states every P5 football conference that has a basketball team with a top 100 RPI gets an automatic bid. Cant be leaving one of their bubble teams on the sidelines

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
You misunderstand how it works then. No autobid team has to play in. Only at large teams can be in the play-in game.

Err, tell that to manhattan, hampton, north florida, and robert morris?

You still misunderstand me. My point is that I would rather all 4 play in games be for at-large's, instead of 2 of them.

Reaction Score
My original concern is valid. Last four in and non automatic qualifiers. We win as an automatic qualifier and we don't play in even though we would be technically the last team in the field. The question is has it ever happened before? It would seem like a lot of teams on the edge of the field have stolen their conference championship, grabbed the automatic bid, and avoided the play in, and the NCAA was fine with it until this year when they're gonna reevaluate? So now they want to play them in or change the time frame to play them in? This is no conspiracy theory but follow everything ( facts) that happened with Nate Miles, APR, Calhoun, and then CR on forward and tell me that we were treated fairly all the way down the line. No the NCAA didn't do CR but all of those previous events factored into our ultimate predicament. Based on the past it's important to at least question an organization that effed us previously.

Reaction Score
The play-in games should be at-large bids only. Telling a conference champion to play-in to prove you belong isn't what the NCAA Tournament should be about.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
My original concern is valid. Last four in and non automatic qualifiers. We win as an automatic qualifier and we don't play in even though we would be technically the last team in the field. The question is has it ever happened before? It would seem like a lot of teams on the edge of the field have stolen their conference championship, grabbed the automatic bid, and avoided the play in, and the NCAA was fine with it until this year when they're gonna reevaluate? So now they want to play them in or change the time frame to play them in? This is no conspiracy theory but follow everything ( facts) that happened with Nate Miles, APR, Calhoun, and then CR on forward and tell me that we were treated fairly all the way down the line. No the NCAA didn't do CR but all of those previous events factored into our ultimate predicament. Based on the past it's important to at least question an organization that effed us previously.

They were the last team in the bracket in a timing sense.

You are making up something that doesn't exist. If they were seeding them lower it wouldn't have impacted the first four.

They are not proposing to change who goes to Dayton.

You've not only invented a conspiracy theory - you invented the issue at hand. It has nothing to do with what you've framed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom