NCAA should learn to tread lightly because.... | The Boneyard

NCAA should learn to tread lightly because....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
.... they are running the risk of alienating the people who pay their bills and support their supposed biggest interest - the "Student Athletes".

We may not be the biggest fan base in the country but every little bit will start to turn the tide. The NCAA should be careful who they attack. I see the latest hit as a direct attack against three groups. The Students, the fans and the student athletes. Who feels the direct pain of being locked out of the NCAA tourney???? The players, the students and the fans. The players don't get to experience the joy of playing the game. The fans and students don't get to experience the joy of watching.

What does the NCAA care about?? Dont tell me its the student athletes because we all know that is BS. They care about money. And where does that money come from??? THE FANS. If the NCAA isn't careful the fans will start to tune out... They have gone after some big fan bases recently - tOSU, USC, UNC, UCONN to name a few. They better watch out.

The biggest problem was that, until recenlty, the NC Double 's punishments made cheating worth the risk. They started adding some bite to their bark but now the punishments hurt the players and the fans more than the schools. They try to make our season "meaningless" with no hope to prove ourselves on the big stage, but the schools and NCAA still get to rake in the big bucks.

Make the schools pay! Not the fans. You want to see some real change? Hit 'em where it hurts - the wallet - because thats obviously all these institutions care about. Fine the schools big bucks when they dont comply. I'm talking millions of dollars. With hold all payments for NCAA tourney and BCS games. Make the fines so big that the schools will do anything to make sure violations don't occur and athletes are also students. Do whatever you want, but don't take it out on the fans or the kids.

I love my Huskies more than anything, but its getting to the point that this is almost too painful to go along with. We get dragged through the mud because of a system the NCAA created and promoted.

Not to mention the Conference Realignment crap going on. Schools are getting left out and historical rivalries are being destroyed.

College athletics is becoming a vile cess-pool right now. UConn is being told we aren't allowed to play in their dirty puddle.

We choose to watch and support college athletics. Don't turn us away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom
Top Bottom