NCAA seeding for Cincy | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NCAA seeding for Cincy

Reaction Score
Purdue's resume is very similar as far as what they did OoC, they've already lost the head to head with MSU, and there's nothing else that can really be accomplished in conference that would warrant them being a 1 and MSU a 3.

Similar, but 5-3 against Q1 instead of 3-2 and an extra Q2 win. Plus better predictive metrics (top 4 KenPom). Mich St. game was at MSU and 3 point game (aka MSU gains no edge for that when accounting for home court).

Reaction Score
Similar, but 5-3 against Q1 instead of 3-2 and an extra Q2 win. Plus better predictive metrics (top 4 KenPom). Mich St. game was at MSU and 3 point game (aka MSU gains no edge for that when accounting for home court).

Look at the actual teams both have played and beaten, and even tossing out the fact that MSU pushed the spread they still won the game. If Purdue is going to be 4 on the S-Curve then MSU should be 5 or 6.

Reaction Score
Glass half full............respect for the AAC. Glass half empty...............Cincy a 2 seed is an indictment on how bad college basketball has actually become.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Everyone ahead of us is falling apart so a 2 seed is fair at this point. We've got good metrics (#6 RPI) and good predictive rankings (#3 KenPom). Big week coming up with at Houston on Thursday and Wichita at home on Sunday. Right now we are just destroying people. I heard on the broadcast today that if it held up, our scoring margin would be the 3rd best in the last 20 years. We need some close games against quality teams for me to really gauge how good we are.

Nobody besides Villanova and maybe UVA looks all that good to me. Cinci is consistent. That's really the key.

Come tournament time, are you going to beat a more talented team, like say, Duke, if they play their A game? No. But Cinci will always give you a B+ game. They don't beat themselves (unlike say, Kansas). Normally I'd say that's the type of team that goes out in the sweet 16. But this year, there aren't too many superior teams.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Glass half full..respect for the AAC. Glass half empty.....Cincy a 2 seed is an indictment on how bad college basketball has actually become.
Triggered.

kobe

Reaction Score
Nobody besides Villanova and maybe UVA looks all that good to me. Cinci is consistent. That's really the key.

Come tournament time, are you going to beat a more talented team, like say, Duke, if they play their A game? No. But Cinci will always give you a B+ game. They don't beat themselves (unlike say, Kansas). Normally I'd say that's the type of team that goes out in the sweet 16. But this year, there aren't too many superior teams.
we really need Cane Broome to play much better in the tournament once we start facing better teams. Justin Jenifer is a nice, solid player but is a complete zero on offense. Xavier basically didn't even guard him and just sat his man at the free throw line which completely clogged up the offense (which we are already just average at). If Broome can preform well, I actually think we're a clear second weekend team. If not we'll be sweating in the R32 like always.

Reaction Score
I think the key for Cincinnati will be Evans. He seems to be the key guy on offense for them handling the ball as the season goes on. They're giving teams multiple looks on the offensive end which becomes are lot harder to defend. He's a big kid who is very strong with the ball and also passes really well. If they can stick with that and mix it up they'll do well. It's hard to beat them when you can't get to 60 points.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
we really need Cane Broome to play much better in the tournament once we start facing better teams. Justin Jenifer is a nice, solid player but is a complete zero on offense. Xavier basically didn't even guard him and just sat his man at the free throw line which completely clogged up the offense (which we are already just average at). If Broome can preform well, I actually think we're a clear second weekend team. If not we'll be sweating in the R32 like always.

Agreed. I actually think UC is a likely second weekend team. I more worry that if you run into a hot and talented offensive team, they'll take you out. Sweet 16 and Elite 8 games will hold that potential. In short, it's a type of team, like the old Pitt teams, that struggles to make it to the Final Four.

kobe

Reaction Score
I think the key for Cincinnati will be Evans. He seems to be the key guy on offense for them handling the ball as the season goes on. They're giving teams multiple looks on the offensive end which becomes are lot harder to defend. He's a big kid who is very strong with the ball and also passes really well. If they can stick with that and mix it up they'll do well. It's hard to beat them when you can't get to 60 points.
I'm pretty confident that Evans will perform well in the tournament. Clark may not always score well but I know he'll do all the dirty work. Washington is just gonna be up and down, I've accepted that. Cumberland has been "meh" this season, he is capable of being better given a good match up. Broome is still a huge question mark, I think he can play a lot better than he has shown this season but I need to see it to believe it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maybe I'm off, but when I watched our game against Cincy last week, I wasn't really that impressed. Were they good - absolutely, but seemed like a typical Cincy team. I know they were getting a lot of hype for being a different Cincy team -- but seemed same old Cincy to me. They should be a 2nd weekend team, but I could just as easily see them losing in the 2nd round again.

kobe

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm off, but when I watched our game against Cincy last week, I wasn't really that impressed. Were they good - absolutely, but seemed like a typical Cincy team. I know they were getting a lot of hype for being a different Cincy team -- but seemed same old Cincy to me. They should be a 2nd weekend team, but I could just as easily see them losing in the 2nd round again.
Didn't get a chance to watch that one, but it looks like it was one of our worst performances of the last few months. In our 16 game win streak, 14 were by double figures and 7 were by at least 20 points. Seems like we just shot terribly that game (which we are more than capable of doing).

Reaction Score
Didn't get a chance to watch that one, but it looks like it was one of our worst performances of the last few months. In our 16 game win streak, 14 were by double figures and 7 were by at least 20 points. Seems like we just shot terribly that game (which we are more than capable of doing).

Pardon my ignorance but what big teams have you beat in that 16 game streak that are second weekend caliber or even tournament teams ????

SMU- we even beat them.
Houston. Bubble Team ? Maybe 7-8 seed at best
UCLA??- ahhh no

kobe

Reaction Score
Pardon my ignorance but what big teams have you beat in that 16 game streak that are second weekend caliber or even tournament teams ????

SMU- we even beat them.
Houston. Bubble Team ? Maybe 7-8 seed at best
UCLA??- ahhh no

We beat a national championship winning coach three times.

Reaction Score
We beat a national championship winning coach three times.

OK??

Whoopee!!!!!!

Ollie beat three of them in the tournament on our way to a National Championship in 2014. Hows that working out for him???

kobe

Reaction Score
OK??

Whoopee!!!!!!

Ollie beat three of them in the tournament on our way to a National Championship in 2014. Hows that working out for him???
From reading this board seems like things are working out great.

Reaction Score
Come on Kobe, just get to one Final Four before you start getting on a high horse..

It’s been how long ???? Jacob Evans is not turning into Oscar Robinson.

How many bad seasons would you trade for just one Final Four nevermind 5 winning 4 Nation Championships???

MIC DROP !!!!!!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Who you play and where you play them means a lot more than the little number next to your name.

kobe

Reaction Score
Come on Kobe, just get to one Final Four before you start getting on a high horse..

It’s been how long ???? Jacob Evans is not turning into Oscar Robinson.

How many bad seasons would you trade for just one Final Four nevermind 5 winning 4 Nation Championships???

MIC DROP !!!!!!

lolwut

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I'm pretty confident that Evans will perform well in the tournament. Clark may not always score well but I know he'll do all the dirty work. Washington is just gonna be up and down, I've accepted that. Cumberland has been "meh" this season, he is capable of being better given a good match up. Broome is still a huge question mark, I think he can play a lot better than he has shown this season but I need to see it to believe it.
I’m not sure Cumberland has missed a shot in 4 games vs us.

Reaction Score
I do not think at this point in the season anyone would complain about being 23 and 2. lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom