NCAA Rule Changes that effect Baseball... | The Boneyard

NCAA Rule Changes that effect Baseball...

Reaction Score

Besides the recruiting calendar changes discussed in the article...

>>In clearly positive news, the Division I Council adopted legislation to allow two fall exhibitions, beginning this fall, that don’t count against your 56-game spring schedule. Previously, you were allowed to play games in the fall, but they counted against your 56-game slate. The NCAA informed me that there will be no mileage limit on the exhibition games, though rules regarding missed class time will remain in place. The only bad news is that coaches thought they’d get four games. The Big South Conference put forth two proposals — one that included two games, and another that included four games. And the D1 Council adopted the latter.

Last but not least, the Division I Council also lifted the ban on selling alcoholic beverages to the public at NCAA Championship events. The SEC and others have rules against selling alcohol to the general public at athletic venues, but sources have told me over the past year that rule is expected to change sooner rather than later. Plenty of schools, including a few SEC schools, have already created “pay to drink” areas in their respective ballparks.<<

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
One thing for sure, it will slow up the game.
When there is TV, we have had to watch games through fences(Hello AAC tourney) or with one camera at the stadium. How will they be able to do reviews? Who is paying for the extra cameras?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom